Fluorescent Tube:
reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.jpg

Mercury Vapor:
powersun-uv.jpg

Not UVB:
images

r30e26blb.jpg

Helpful?
These are not necessarily the choice brands, by the way- I just picked what looked like good pictures.
By the way, I very easily found all of these myself within a few seconds by searching on Google. "Coil uvb light bulb" for example.
Try search engines some time. They are there to help you out.

dragon2nick1

Original Poster
i have 2 bulbs shaped like the blue bulb and they from exo terra and i have 1 shaped like a common house bulb made by zoo med

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would take the blue bulbs out, that is not bright enough. You can replace them with a bright white halogen bulb. Or, you can leave just the regular household lightbulb in. What wattage is the household lightbulb? Do you know?
They do not do well on colored lightbulbs, they are not bright enough to stimulate feeding & activity levels.
I have personally never used a regular mercury thermometer for reading a basking temperature but I don't think that they would as accurate at measuring the temps because they are not designed for that, but designed for internal temperature taking. Sometimes the mechanisms are just not meant for all purposes. So I would really try to get either a temp gun or a digital probe. The temperatures are one of the most important aspects of keeping reptiles. If they are off, the health of your reptile can become compromised.
You can usually find a digital probe, the accurite brand from Walmart in the plants or electronics section, but you may have to ask.
Or you can buy the temp gun from Bobmac at: http://www.reptileuv.com
Or from: http://www.tempgun.com

Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the bulb that you're using for UVB is the shape of the blue bulb, then it doesn't provide any UV, unless it's a mercury vapor bulb that supplies both UV and heat. Is there a brand name or any info stamped on the bulb at all? Or do you have the box that it came in?

If your basking bulb is also the same shape as the blue bulb but is red, then you should replace that with a bright white bulb and can even use a household light bulb. They don't do well under colored bulbs.

You really need to get either a temperature gun or a digital thermometer with a long wire & probe on the end, it is imperative that you know what the true temps are.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
i have heard of lizards lifting up all legs and shaking like a special dance.but never heard in beardies.

ps. if i thought my beardie was a girl at first few days (still not sure but i see signs( pores) saphira wouldd of been the name

good luck

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
O-Gonchothedragon":8582b said:
i have heard of lizards lifting up all legs and shaking like a special dance.but never heard in beardies.

ps. if i thought my beardie was a girl at first few days (still not sure but i see signs( pores) saphira wouldd of been the name

good luck
Actually, they all have femoral pores but the males are more prominent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom