SHAKING BEARDED DRAGON

Status
Not open for further replies.
My baby, Saphira is shaking after she eats her first cricket for the day. She goes on her belly and puts all four of her limbs in the air and starts shaking them and her whole body shakes too. She is is a 75 gallon tank i feed her squash every day with some carrots. she has a ubv light her basking spot is 110 degrees and she is around 5 to 6 inches please help :cry:

cristinahancock

Hatchling Member
The feeders should be no bigger than the space between her eyes. Also I have seen babies do this with impaction or lack of calcium. I would try to give it some liquid calcium. Also a 75 gallon is pretty big enclosure for that little of a baby. But as long as she is eating and pooping okay you should be okay with the enclosure.

I will try to help, but first I would need a bit more info.
What size feeders are you feeding?
When was the last time she pooped?
Are you offering any leafy greens?
How often do you bath or spray her?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Actually bathing once a wk isn't enough for a baby. What type of thermometer are you using to check the temps? What UVB light do you have, brand & is it a compact, coil or fluorescent strip?

dragon2nick1

Original Poster
diamc":7d64e said:
Actually bathing once a wk isn't enough for a baby. What type of thermometer are you using to check the temps? What UVB light do you have, brand & is it a compact, coil or fluorescent strip?
I use a Exo Terra infrared heat lamp for heat 75 watts and Exo Terra ubv light thingy 75 watts they are not coil.
i also use a zoo med ubv bulb i have 2 uvb bulbs in total. can there be susce a thing as 2 much ubv?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What sized crickets are you feeding her?? How small is small? Are they smaller than the space between the eyes? Is she going to the bathroom?

Tracie

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is yhe basking bulb white or colored? Is the UVB a Repti-Glo 10.0? How far away is your beardie fro teh UVB? What type of thermometer are you using?

dragon2nick1

Original Poster
Drache613":dafb2 said:
Hello,

What sized crickets are you feeding her?? How small is small? Are they smaller than the space between the eyes? Is she going to the bathroom?

Tracie
she is going to the bathroom ok i last saw a new poop pile this morning sometimes she gets a cricket a little bigger than the space between her eyes but for the most part they are smaller than the space between her eyes

boxers

Hatchling Member
ive seen them shake like that when they try to throw up, but it might be something different...

dragon2nick1

Original Poster
diamc":71d07 said:
Is yhe basking bulb white or colored? Is the UVB a Repti-Glo 10.0? How far away is your beardie fro teh UVB? What type of thermometer are you using?
ima take everything i see off the box and post it here
75W
Sun glow neodymium basking spot lamp its Exo Terra brand the bulb is white

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom