Sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Just over 4 months old.
Not holding her tail up so I'm not sure if this is the best way to show you guys. She was just curious so I snapped the picture.
I am hoping Emma has remained a 'she'
I have a Male named Jasper and if Emma is and Emmet.... well that sounds a lot like Twilight -_-

BBCode (message boards & forums)
CGW75c1.jpg

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
Ashleydmj":2y7vuc6c said:
Just over 4 months old.
Not holding her tail up so I'm not sure if this is the best way to show you guys. She was just curious so I snapped the picture.
I am hoping Emma has remained a 'she'
I have a Male named Jasper and if Emma is and Emmet.... well that sounds a lot like Twilight -_-

CGW75c1.jpg

can you try and take a full on picture from the back? and pull the tail up a little further? from this angle it looks kind of male to me but i can't be sure without a better pic. :p

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
VBRc99Q.jpg

sanFFCH.jpg

So I know that's not what you asked of me... but Emma is really shy about her he/she parts..
I'm not sure what your looking for.
But maybe the reverse camera pictures help? :)
I cannot see any bumps on the tail. But there are little dots near her vent..
Does this help? If not Ill keep trying!

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
hold her on a flat surface and pull her tail towards her head further, so that we can see more of the underside of her tail and vent if that makes sense. like this
sexing_male.jpg

sexing_female.jpg

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was told at the store that a male would have obvious scab like pores on the tail. Her tail doesn't have that. Or his.... -_-

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ashleydmj":177rfpgi said:
I was told at the store that a male would have obvious scab like pores on the tail. Her tail doesn't have that. Or his.... -_-
That's not necessarily so, but looks female to me anyways.

-Brandon

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
just so I kniw for the future. .. My Male has several dots on the vent area. So does Emma. What are those dots? is it just the bumps or pores on the tail that determines the sex?
thanks! :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The picture chastiyx posted is what you look for when determining sex. One being a picture of a female, the other a male.

The bumps you are speaking of are femoral pores, both sexs have them although they are USUALLY more prominent in males. That doesn't mean a female can't have very prominent pores either though.

-Brandon

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Im almost postive I see two pores on "her/him". Which would mean its a male. To me its pretty obvious I can see them clear but then again maybe its a shadow or the tails skin pushed certain way I dont know.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Also at 4months old, its VERY hard to tell the sex of a beardy. Usually cant tell till about 6months. Alot of time bearyds will look like a female when there first born for quite few months, thats why they say around 6months is good time to tell. But also some beardys you can tell right off the bat.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Bailey91990":1k18oyhb said:
Im almost postive I see two pores on "her/him". Which would mean its a male. To me its pretty obvious I can see them clear but then again maybe its a shadow or the tails skin pushed certain way I dont know.

Pores near the vent/legs are present on both sexes. Its the highlighted areas in the pictures chastityx posted that you should be looking at to determine a dragons sex.

-Brandon

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you everyone! I'll post pictures again when she is 6 months. But I do not see any grooves or bumps like I see on my 2 year old male :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom