Sex my Miso take two! (SLR photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hello all,
Its been over a month since my last attempt at sexing Miso.
"She" is over three months old now, but unfortunatly still the size of a two month old (she is a pocket dragon due to her hatred of all things protein filled)

My other half got himself a digital SLR camera so I thought id give this sexing another go with some decent pictures, rather than dodgey ones from my camera phone hehe!

So what do you guys see?
Is Miso my brave boy or my little princess?

I dont see two bumps myself, but "she" does have very visable femeral pores.

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

Thank you in advance.
Holly

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Ethelia":fc4ba said:
"She" is over three months old now, but unfortunatly still the size of a two month old (she is a pocket dragon due to her hatred of all things protein filled)

Thats funny, I have one like that too! She (hopefully) loves her squash & greens though!

I'm gonna say GIRL from the pics, I don't even see little beginnings of bumps. I've heard they can come later but when they do it's very obvious.

Don't you thing the girls always look like girls in the face as well? I have found this to be true with all mine.

Cheryl

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hehe I know, I felt fine about it all until my other half started giggling and shouting "that right doll, im gonna make you a star. I STAR I tells you! I'll put your name up in lights" whilst taking pictures.

He made my innocent girl into every 18 year old girl who goes to hollywood trying to "make it big".
Thanks darling.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
covedweller":1ec0b said:
female! (and Miso says "PULEEEAASE, Mommy, stop posting naked pics of me!)

diane

I was on the phone with a customer when I read this, and had to put him on hold until I stopped giggling. :lol:

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
Well the jury is still out for me. As I told Ethelia in a pm, sometimes the bulges running up the tail don't present clearly enough to see the "dimple." At this stage I would need to inspect the dragon in person. Sometimes you can pull the tail up and move the tail from side to side. This can make hemipenal bulges present a little more obviously. If you do this to an obvious male, you can see what I mean with this technique.

Having recently have a girl turn male on me at 6 months, I constantly keep an eye on dragons that don't present sex obviously.

Always be careful when inspecting a dragon in this way. You don't want to injure your sexually ambiguous dragon.

Jeff

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
seadooz":4178f said:
Don't you thing the girls always look like girls in the face as well? I have found this to be true with all mine.

Cheryl

Hello again, Cheryl!

Well.... seeing as I thought Reggie was a girl for about 2 months of his life with me.... I can't give you my opinion on the face thing. After I get used to thinking 'oh, it's a girl' the face does look feminine to me, like it did when Reggie was Eva, but now that I know he is male and he is Reggie, his face looks masculine. A trick of the mind, perhaps?

By the way, Holly, if you want to know if she's female.... introduce her to Ruben! :roll: But seriously, I must say that before I read this I had no idea was SLR was, so I interpreted it to be 'Sexy Lizard Related photos'.... :lol:

-- Jacqui

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
jacqui778":fbaf2 said:
But seriously, I must say that before I read this I had no idea was SLR was, so I interpreted it to be 'Sexy Lizard Related photos'.... :lol:
-- Jacqui
:laughhard: oh god oh god i cant breathe :laughhard:

Alix1378

Hatchling Member
im gonna say male. this is the 3rd pic. you have up i circled the areas an lined the path of the scales.... but im not a pro or anything just sayin what i see :D an tell miso im sorry for posting a "SLR" pic :(

DSC_0094.jpg

*EDIT*
wow it really doesnt show up in my pic. look at the orginal posters 3rd pic in the same areas an youll see what i mean

0mega9401

Hatchling Member
nah its male when u hoist up the tail gently pull the skin so u can look for bumps make "so its tougth" because this one was harder to figure out

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Omega and Alix:

Guys, the sex organs/bumps are on the TAIL PART not the BODY part. I did the same thing and thought mine was female for the longest time-- you should be looking at the tail part.

Now you might wanna go re-sex your dragons. :laughing6:

-- Jacqui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom