setting up a 40 gallon for leopard gecko baby lighting/heating question

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
hello everyone, I believe I'm going to get a baby leopard gecko during this summer to have plenty of time for it, and gain experience with younger reptiles and raising them. I am aware that I should quarantine it before I put it in Chester's room (my bd) I'm going to get it from a local breeder and maybe start breeding when he/she gets older. I have done lots of research and to my understanding, people use either under-tank heating or a simple watted bulb that admits heat And a UVB output lamp/fixture so the question I have for this forum is what is best for a baby? or for long term? I am going to use paper as bedding and deep clean the tank when he arrives. when he or she gets older I will either do tile or bioactive but just keeping it paper for now so I can moderate his stool and behavior.(reminder I don't have the gecko yet just preparing) thank you again!

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom