setting up a 40 gallon for leopard gecko baby lighting/heating question

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
hello everyone, I believe I'm going to get a baby leopard gecko during this summer to have plenty of time for it, and gain experience with younger reptiles and raising them. I am aware that I should quarantine it before I put it in Chester's room (my bd) I'm going to get it from a local breeder and maybe start breeding when he/she gets older. I have done lots of research and to my understanding, people use either under-tank heating or a simple watted bulb that admits heat And a UVB output lamp/fixture so the question I have for this forum is what is best for a baby? or for long term? I am going to use paper as bedding and deep clean the tank when he arrives. when he or she gets older I will either do tile or bioactive but just keeping it paper for now so I can moderate his stool and behavior.(reminder I don't have the gecko yet just preparing) thank you again!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom