Separating adult dubia's from the colony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sddragons

Juvie Member
So about a month ago I got 430 mixed sizes and an extra 22 pairs of adult dubia's from The Roach Guy Jason. Should I be taking all the adults out at some point and start another colony in a separate tub and let all the other ones grow by themselves in my first tub?

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
That is entirely up to you. You don't have to but, it is a good idea depending how many mouths you will be feeding. I am going to seperate about 50 adults to start a new coloney and let it grow for six months. Then I am going to rotate every six months which coloney I am going to be feeding out of. This way I can have one regrowing at all times.

Ernie

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
It is a good idea to separate your breeders from your feeders. The ones you want to use as feeders kept separate from the breeders allows the breeders privacy to do their thing. You won't be bothering them and stressing them.

sddragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I will be feeding 8 mouths and no telling how many babies later so I assume I will need at least 6 months in my colony before I can even think of feeding from it.

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Just a note on the adult pairs. You could probably feed off 15 of the adult males you received because you really only need 1 male to every 3-5 (or even 10) females.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom