Semi-brumation. Need help with a few things:/

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipsyTraveler

Hatchling Member
So my bearded dragon is in what i would assume is semi-brumation. i read the brumation article thoroughly and still have a few questions like:

Should i lower his temps? they are at 105 because i noticed he basked more when it was at 105F rather than 99.

Should i turn the lights off earlier? he is falling asleep quickly.

Should i still offer the normal amount of food? (collard greens, and super worms, with calcium powder)

i have a hide in his viv with a fleece blanket that he loves to dig in, should i keep a hide in there?

should i be worried if he poops less often and eats less? (i read this is ok in brumation but this is only slight brumation)

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Emily is doing the same thing. She goes to sleep between 4:30 and 5:30 and I tuck her in under her blankets and turn the lights off and cover her tank. She is eating less, one meal a day and that's all she wants so I don't force it. I keep her temps the same till lights out and they fall to about 70 degrees or room temperature and she does fine without a CHE. She will eat and after that I bathe her and let her pooh in the bath, dry her off and let her run a bit on my bed. I then put her in her tank and shes under her hammock nose to the corner and sleeps a bit, then up on her basking rock, back under her hammock about an hour or two later to sleep the rest of the late afternoon until the morning when lights go on. Shes been like this for a couple of weeks now. Hope this helps answer your questions.

TipsyTraveler

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Took him to the vet and it turns out that it wasnt brumation, although i bathe him 3 times a week apparently he was running low on body fluids (water to be more specific). So i took him home and bathed him for almost half an hour and he drank a ton, had a bowel movement, and then ate a ton after that and went back to being really active. Make sure your dragons stay hydrated guys! I feel bad i thought i bathed him enough! :(

Tonja

BD.org Addict
sorry to hear that but glad you got it sorted out..mine get a syringe full of water 2 x per day...4 ml per time so they are well hydrated. Thank you for the tip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom