Selective appetite due to brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogdorpheus

Juvie Member
So, my girl is going through her first brumation, and it would appear that her appetite had stopped completely as she would refuse all the discoids I offered pretty much every few days since it started. Then I was curious, because I'm also establishing a superworm colony, and a few of them were sizeable enough to be fed, so I put a couple in there and she didn't hesitate to eat those. I was wondering if anyone had ever encountered something like a selective appetite during brumation or if she's just been spoiled on supers and I'm gonna have to trade my discoid colony out for more supers... as since the brumation has started they've been rather procreative...

Danielle4

Hatchling Member
I don't have a answer to your question but I wanted to know how big she was and about how big the super was. I have wondered if I can start feeding my male supers yet he is only 14in

fez09

Extreme Poster
When you say brumation, how much is she sleeping? I have a dubia colony and mine went off dubia for 3 solid months at one point (they only wanted supers) After awhile, they decided that they would eat some of each. They're tastes change sometimes...

Trogdorpheus

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My girl is about 19", so the size of super doesn't really matter for her, but at 14" I'd recommend avoiding supers still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom