seizures in baby silkie! NEED HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max18

Hatchling Member
Hi I have a baby silkie who is having seizures! What should i do?
He is in a 40 gal breeder. Reptisun10.0 18 inch tube. Basking of 105 and low temp of like 75. Slate tile as flooring and nothing high he can jump off of.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry to hear your baby silkie is having trouble.
You are using the Reptisun 10 in his tank or on top of the screen top?
How often are you using calcium for him?
Did you feed the appropriately sized insects to him, such as insects smaller than the space between his eyes?

Tracie

Max18

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The bulb is on a screen and yes I feed with calcium and appropriate sized dubias. He is better now and I am taking him to the vet on monday. It was his second seizure since we got him and it scared me so much!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news he is doing better today. :D
I think that it would be a good idea to get him a calcium booster shot at the vets & get him on some liquid calcium too just to get his levels up.
I hope he is feeling more like himself soon!
How close is the tube bulb to him? Though I realize too strong of UVB can hurt their skin, be sure he is within 8 or so inches from the light since it is on top of the screen.

Tracie

Max18

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, we are trying to find a way to mount the tube inside the cage but it's kinda hard to do it with an 18 inch long bulb!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sure, you can get the 3M Command Hooks to help with mounting it underneath of the screen. They are very strong so it would safely secure the light for you..
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Max18

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'll try that. I just want there to be no way of it falling as it would crush him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh not at all. There are some great threads in the Enclosure area with regards to using the Command hooks. They are industrial strength, so they would definitely hold the light with no problem at all.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom