Second UVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDWright

So on Thursday, I'm going to be changing the lighting in my setup so that I have a Reptisun 10.0 sitting on the screen of the tank. That leaves me with an empty fixture that I already have installed on the inside of the tank. It will fit a Reptisun 2.0 or Reptiglo 2.0-10.0. Should I put something in it? The Reptisun 10.0 is going to be on the farther end of the maximum distance, so I was thinking of supplementing it. Plus I imagine the visible light of a 2.0 bulb would be beneficial. The 10.0 will be about 7-10" away from the where my BD usually basks and the other fixture is 6-10" away from various spots that he hangs out (he's sleeping now, and I don't remember exact measurements, but they are in those ranges). Are there any negative drawbacks to having the extra light? Is there danger of too much uvb? Secondary bulb reccomendations? It needs to be a T8. Other thoughts? Thanks.

auntylolo

Extreme Poster
Instead of paying for another uvb bulb when a repti-sun 10.0 is plenty, I would buy another normal fluorescent bulb just to give extra light. Something used for aquatics would be good, look for a Kelvin rating of around 5-6000K which is a warmish white light.

JDWright

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. My thought is that the 2.0's are only $10 so if they have a nice amount of visible light, perhaps the extra UVB will be good because the 10.0 has to penetrate a screen.

auntylolo

Extreme Poster
Oh ok, the 2.0's do have alot more usable light so if you can get them so cheaply it sounds like it's the best option for you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom