Second dig box for female infertile first clutch problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG23

Hatchling Member
So my 22 month old female recently became gravid with infertile eggs i kno they are infertile because shes never been mated this is her first clutch ever and i can feel little marble like balls in her stomach she barely eats and she poops more than normal and small poops so i went and got top soil and a tote and made a lay tote but she hated it and never dug just tried to climb out so after doing some more research i went and got some play sand and moxed with water and a little bit of top soil and made one end of her tank a lay dig area. Please tell me what you think and if i need to do something different because i love my girl and i wanna make sure i do my part in giving her what she needs i cannot lose her. Heres some pictures of both lay boxes. Thanks alot.
85583-5813475256.jpg
85583-9414515825.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She may use either one of those, you never know....she'll be restless right up until laying time and may try to climb out of the tote. Try not to worry, laying eggs is normal for beardies and she's a big, healthy girl.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok that makes me feel a bit better how long do they usually take because she has been restless for almost 2 weeks now, not sure how long the eggs take to be ready is it normal what we are going through the 2 weeks is what im talking about i feel like she would lose weight not eating like she usually does but she hasnt at all.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She's probably close to laying. They usually don't lose weight until after they lay the eggs, then they get a big appetite again afterwards. She may lay anywhere from 16-25 [ or more ] It may be a bit more or a bit less.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thanks alot you have been a big help for us and ive made sure shes getting enough calcium so hopefully i can update you on some good news soon. Hope all is well!!

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well day one went pretty good i came home from work and Slip was just like this photo and hasnt moved so hopefully we have eggs soon!
85583-370709575.jpg
no clue why my pictures are upsidedown sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom