Scratching at Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Hello! Alrighty, so recently Gabriel has found a new favorite sleeping spot, which is in a little corner rock fixture that has a cave on the side that he can go into and curl up in. I think it's because he's started going to bed a bit earlier than his lights go off (winter and all that), but that's beside the point. I've noticed that he likes to scratch the inside of the enclosure a lot before he's finally settled in, I assume he's trying to dig himself a little niche (no matter how impossible). What I wanted to know is, is there anything I can give him that would let him actually dig? It's not necessary, but I think he would enjoy something he could actually dig into at night. My last beardie used to mess around with a shirt that I'd put in the tank, much like a cat or dog, but Gabriel doesn't seem to touch it at all

onceblue

Hatchling Member
My beardie does this at night. I cut some fleece scraps and put them in his favorite sleeping spot, so now he burrows underneath those at bed time. Maybe give that a try? You can put them in his cave for him to dig into at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom