SCORE! (updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epic

Juvie Member
I picked up a crossfire enclosure for Houdini yesterday! I found this lady on Craigslist who was selling her 48x24x24 crossfire with a stand. So my girlfriend and I went down there yesterday and handed her $150 and loaded it up! We went to the lady's house to get the lock for it, and turns out she has a Sulcata Tortoise! We checked him out for a while, and found out she's part of the Tortoise Sosiety here in SD. I started out with tortoises, so this was pretty cool. Her tortoise is a little too big to be playing with mine tho. He was about 2 1/2 feet long, and a couple feet tall! After visiting for a while, we started home. I was driving like I had a bomb in the car, those glass doors were stressing me out!

So we get to my house, now we just have to get the tank in the house, and up those spiral stairs. UH OH, my girlfriends wrist is broken! She broke it a few weeks ago and just had surgery last week. None of the roomates were home. I had to get it in my house last night, because we had to give the SUV back in the morning! So I pull the tank out of the back, and Nikki (my girlfriend) was able to help me set it down with one hand. I rolled it into the house on my skateboard, and now the fun started. Getting it UP the stairs. I ended up having to push/pull the thing up. Nikki helped quite a bit, but I didn't want her messing her wrist up even more. After 15 minutes and a few aches and pains, we finally got the thing upstairs. Thank GOD my stairs are carpet! All in all, it was a nice experience. I'm gonna clean it out today. Tomorrow I should get the 36" light installed, and the decorations in! Just gotta watch those temps for a couple days, and Houdini should be living like a King by Thursday! I'll post some pics up when I get it decorated. Here are the ones she took to sell it.

rep.jpg

rep2.jpg

Alix1378

Hatchling Member
you are really lucky. i dont think ive ever even seen a decent size tank that wasnt a fish tank on our craigs list around here. guess ill just have to make my own viv :D

LJean

Extreme Poster
That was a nice score! It cost more than that to build mine. ;)

I can imagine how hard that was to get it up those stairs!

Epic

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I've been looking on Craigslist EVERY day the last 4 months trying to find a good deal on one of these. I just got the new lighting in there yesterday. Tube and MVB works. I have a few tiles in there, but I need to get some more shelf liner. Once the temps are checked out Houdini will be moving in! I'll take some pictures when it's all done!

Epic

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here it is all done! I think. We'll see how Houdini likes it. So far, he's not liking everything. I know he's just getting used to it. What do you think about the right corner? Should I put something there?

k.jpg

kl.jpg

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Epic said:
Here it is all done! I think. We'll see how Houdini likes it. So far, he's not liking everything. I know he's just getting used to it. What do you think about the right corner? Should I put something there?

k.jpg

It appears to me that you already have a pouting beardie in the corner. :lol:

By the way, you are the only poster so far that I have seen that is close location wise to me. I'm sure there are more, but you actually have your location visible. Lovely weather, huh?

Epic

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I'm lost on what to put in that corner. I can't put anything too high because it will get cooked from that MVB. hmmm... I guess the pouty dragon will have to stay in that corner for now! Haha.

Neuro... The weather has been great. Last weekend was perfect for the beach, but not so perfect for Houdini! My room was 95degrees all weekend! I gotta move before summer really hits. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom