School times

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Hi guys! I'm in school right now. I left Miss Buddy at home with a salad. She is kinda lethargic. I really don't understand her behavior. She still basks and eats a little. Tomorrow is bath day. I'll see if she improves. I also need to get some kind of bug. (I'm out) OK, got to go, class is about to start! Bye!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She definitely needs her bugs, so try to get local crickets if nothing else. How old is she? And check out the bearded dragon Care Sheet to the right, gives you all the info you could need to make sure your dragon is healthy.

PoezDad

We need some info on her.
Age, Weight etch

Poe
Eats 25 large crickets a day (calcium with D3 on 4 days and Multivitamin on the other 3 days). Veggies on M, W & F. (Kale, Collard and Mustard Greens)
She is 1.5yrs old, 24in and weighs 635g.

Hope This Helps
PoezDad

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She a big girl! And you're fine, except drop the Kale it binds with calcium. Here's a great food list for beardies www.beautifuldragons.com. At her age getting bugs every 2nd day is fine. But then again she's still growing, so if she wants to eat daily, that's fine, too. And give her salads every day, gives her more vit/min.

You can drop the calcium to 3 days a week and the vit/min to 1 day a week now that she's 1 1/2 yrs old. She might still grow some more, they're usually full grown at 2 years old. Any pics? Would love to see her!

I have 5 dragons, but none as big as her. My biggest is my 1 yr old, Castiel, he's 20" long and 582g, not sure how big he'll be at 2 years old, though, we'll see. The rest are all 18" - 19" long and average from 482g to 571g. So Castiel is still the biggest. My 4 1/2 yr old Gabriel keeps telling him he's the boss, but Castiel is sure he's the boss, makes for lots of black beards in my household :lol:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
PoezDad":2rl1edtd said:
We need some info on her.
Age, Weight etch

Poe
Eats 25 large crickets a day (calcium with D3 on 4 days and Multivitamin on the other 3 days). Veggies on M, W & F. (Kale, Collard and Mustard Greens)
She is 1.5yrs old, 24in and weighs 635g.

Hope This Helps
PoezDad

Wow she's good on the tooth then. By large do you mean full grown mature crickets (with wings etc) ?

Start offering veg/salad in AM EVERYDAY. (Before offering the live insects to her.)

Puk / buk choi is super - my beardies and bluetongues love it. They each get 1/2 a big leaf or a whole small (2") leaf each day with their insects and make very fast work of it. Is high Ca too.

My two beardies have been getting daily salad/veg/greens from the get-go at 6 weeks old, now 3 years old and both nudging 700 g.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi guys, sorry this took so long! She age is about a year. You will have to check the baby growth rate forum to see her latest weight. And her length is about 10-11 inches. She is missing 3/4 of her tail. I have Repti-Cal calcium powder that I use everyday except Monday and Sunday. Her basking temp is about 100. And her uvb is Reptisun 10.0 tube. Could her behavior be brumation? I'm going to petsnart tomorrow to get crickets and supers. Also, to.orrow is bath and measuring day.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Jaycee, the temps are too low, should be more like 105F, not 100. That's more for a full grown 2 year+ dragon. So please up the temps. The Reptisun 10.0 is a great bulb, needs to be changed every 6 mo though as it degrades by then. Is it in her tank? Please do that if you haven't already.

She needs vitamins/mineral powder, too. Calcium dusted on 5 bug meals a week, vit/min on the other 2 days. She doesn't get enough with her food, needs the extra.

She's a good size for a 1 yr old, seeing as she's missing alot of her tail. So see how she fares with the temps up a bit.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":1nu48ibs said:
Jaycee, the temps are too low, should be more like 105F, not 100. That's more for a full grown 2 year+ dragon. So please up the temps. The Reptisun 10.0 is a great bulb, needs to be changed every 6 mo though as it degrades by then. Is it in her tank? Please do that if you haven't already.

She needs vitamins/mineral powder, too. Calcium dusted on 5 bug meals a week, vit/min on the other 2 days. She doesn't get enough with her food, needs the extra.

She's a good size for a 1 yr old, seeing as she's missing alot of her tail. So see how she fares with the temps up a bit.

OK, so I'll need to get vitamin supplements and up up the temps? And yes, the reptisun is in her tank. We got supers and crix yesterday. She loved them! I'll feed her again before I leave for school. She is now basking. I'll add anothe basking light and see how she reacts. Thank you for the advice!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You're welcome, let me know how the higher temps work for her. Glad she's enjoying her bugs!

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I added another bulb and she is reacting very good! She seems back to normal! She at about 15 crickets and about 15is super worms. Tomorrow I'll try to give her a bath and see if she poops. I guess I just was out of it for a couple of days. I'm happy to see a happy little beardie once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom