Scary morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
We had no electricity from Thursday morning until Saturday night. We had taken Timmy to my sisters house so he was ok.Mark and I stayed at the trailor to keep water from freezing and to take care of our dragons...............We were fine ,trying to make the best of things cooking on our grill outside."candle light dinners" haha Anyway woke Saturday morning to an extremely cold house,went to check on dragons and thought Alf had died.She was Very cold and unresponsive wouldn't open her eyes or anything.We were both almost crying and all to pieces,but I took her from Mark,held her and Gimli each wrapped in their own blankies, with fresh new hand warmers on next,then another layer of blankie,sort of burritoed with hand warmer thrown into burritoes as not to burn the dragons.(They also slept with a hand warmer burritoed in with them.) After about 15 minutes of being burritoed up and ket really warm Alf responded better as did Gimli (Alf was colder than Gimli and less responsive as well.Gimli was wiggly when I picked him up( Alf was not responsive,not moving)

Both dragons are doing well now and eating some greens.Strong,running around and do not seem to have any damage.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
wow that is very scary! I've often thought about what if something like that happened to us... Thank goodness they are ok!

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I was truly terrified.Those little critters are my babies.I tried to stay calm though because my husband was nearly a basket case,he loves Alf very much,h says she's the only pet he ever really wanted and picked out for himself.She is up and running already this morning at 8:45 A.M. Gimli has been up for about 1/2 hour. I am so VERY glad that I was able to get them warm and revived,that's my Christmas,that they are both ok.Will probably try feeding them worms today,have been giving a little turkey and applesauce baby food and greens,after being cold and no UVB for 2 1/2 days,I wanted to go slow so as not to give their bodies a shock.
SAra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom