SCARED TO HANDLE!! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Great to hear you got to hold the dragon and are you hooked yet? Getting close maybe? I wish you all the best in continuing to hold and snuggle the "baby".
Hugs,
Sara

puffysmama

Original Poster
Thank you Sandi, I love Puffy, and since I have been surfing the net about dragons I am kinda wishing my son would have name him something else, There are ALOT of Puffs out there, LOL should have know (PUFF THE MAGIC GRAGON)....LOL, and yes I believe I am hooked... hee hee
Trina

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Twobeardieguy":36005 said:
Sandi, sounds like they have a wonderful mommy errrrrrrrrr slave!!! :wink: Sure you don't want another baby?

I ALWAYS want another baby!!!!!!

:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Got one ya wanna send me? :wink:

HUGS!

Sandi

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
The "Mommy,hold me, love me, cuddle me" look gets me every time. Snuggle time is my favorite,although my hubby really enjoys cuddling her to sleep,so I get day time cuddles mostly because he has to work.

puffysmama

Original Poster
awww so sweet, yeah the only time I "attempt" to get Puffy out is when my hubby is at work, he doesn't even try to hold him. He a BUTTHEAD! Doesn't even know, he's not an animal LOVER!!!! :evil: he's the devil....LOL He has held him maybe one time!!! doesn't have a heart, I am thinking!! Hopefully one he will see. I am getting better, thanks to you all (LOVE THIS SITE) yall have built my confidence TOTALLY!!! LUVS YOU ALL!!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

puffysmama

Original Poster
BY the way, does the color have anything to do with their mood? Mine is mostly always bright yellow, and during the early afternoon, he is gets darker.. :oops: and his "chin" gets black, I know that is normal but what does it mean? I am still stupido on that, will still have tons of questions... :mrgreen:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Different colours mean different moods. When our dragons are their lightest colours, I know they're comfy and happy. Issy, one of our youngest at 11 mo, will turn herself dark grey in her tank when she wants out, for a cuddle or a run around the living room. Once she's out, she turns her light pastel olive green with copper highlights on her back. I've yet to get her light colours with the camera. Lonzo, our oldest, is a bright golden yellow with bright orange and light red down his back. Sweetie, who's 3, gets a light old gold when she's happy or sleeping. Rubio glows when he's happy, especially if he's just gotten out of the sun. He's a citrus, but has some green mixed in. He has dark blue sidebars, too. They lighten up when he's at his lightest. Angel is a very light beardie to begin with, her lightest is a light cream colour with yellow legs and arms. When she's unhappy, she turns a very light brown.

So they all have colour ranges which change as they age and shed, too. Black beards mean alot of things: for males it's their way of telling anything else who's boss, also flirting with female beardies. Both our males spend alot of their day bobbing anything in sight, especially in the spring. Females will darken their beards when flirting with males, also to tell anything else they're the boss. They have a lot of behaviours, the funniest is the waving, which tells other beardies they're submissive and the other one is the boss. It's fun to watch them react to us, we figure beardies consider us nice big lizards that cater to their needs. Good deal :mrgreen:

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
puffysmama":acac8 said:
Thank you Sandi, I love Puffy, and since I have been surfing the net about dragons I am kinda wishing my son would have name him something else, There are ALOT of Puffs out there, LOL should have know (PUFF THE MAGIC GRAGON)....LOL, and yes I believe I am hooked... hee hee
Trina

YAY!!!! Im so glad you're hooked! They're so sweet arent they? Ah well, Puff is a cute name! And you know what? They DO puff! LOL They get all puffed up if they're upset, or if they're sucking in air to float in the bath.

You'll have to post some pics of you and Puff together!!!

I was trying to feed Jack tonight (he gets fed baby food by syringe) and he was eating for a few minutes.... slowly.... eyeing me with his good eye constantly... and then he suddenly decided that eating wasnt NEARLY as important to him as snuggling was... so he quickly climbed up my shirt and snuggled right into my neck.... (while Im trying as FAST as I can to wipe OFF the baby food from his face as he's racing up my shirt and before I BECOME the NAPKIN!. :shock: :roll: :lol:

I sorta succeeded and sorta didnt ... :roll: :D :D :D

What a character!

Sandi

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You're welcome. It's fascinating to watch the moods swing and the colours changing. I'm glad you're more comfortable with Puff, now he'll be more comfortable with you. As so, another berdie slave is born :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Slave indeed, all five of our beardies have us wrapped around their little paws. Our two eldest have to have veggies, greens, hand fed or they won't eat them at all. All five are shedding something or other over the last few weeks they've gotten grey in areas, but not full sheds. Rubio just shed most of his tail, now his face is ready to go and when his body shed, he turns pink instead of grey. Poor things, they're all miserable; the older beardies get, the more miserable they are about shedding, so we make sure they all get a bath every day, it helps their skin loosen up. Have a great day! :D :D

montanamisfits

I am glad this post is here. I would not hold out 8mth old boy. .He just looked intimidating. .I would pet him but not hold him. . Sooooooo we went into the pet store for crickets and 100 later we were proud owners of two hatchnlings and I held them and played with them. . Well Dozer is done shedding (it took forever it seemed like but worth the color wait--LOL) and we decided he needed a pal also and bought RED today. . So I held her and so did my wimpy step son--so now once dozer chills out and realized he is more puff than bite I will hold him too. . Probably within the next week. . I too can not wait for babies once they are old enough.. And after a boy BD, a boy beagle boxer mix pup and a boy blue tick beagle, a husband and two step SONS.. I finally have my girl--yeah!!! I thnink I have one of each in the babies :) . .I am glad for this site too

Grace
mom to Ricco & Wembley (my dogs)
Dozer, Red, Tango and Cash--My BD

puffysmama

Original Poster
Aww, thank you all for the replies. (I am embarrassed), I have never given Puff a bath :oops: Pet store didn't tell me that.. :( So shall I start giving him one, he is over a year old now, will he freak out? LOL
Oh and what kind of veggies can bd's have? AND he likes licking me, and it freaks me out, he licked my cheak the other day, and I tripped...LOL I am still a little nervous with him, but getting better. Why do they lick, (hungry) LMAO, hope not. I like my cheaks.....
Trina

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Go to the beautiful dragons website for salad info. Don't worry about the licking. They lick everything just like babies stick everything in their mouths. Probably just curiosity. As far as bath time let him sit on your hand in the bath and that will help him feel safe if he is nervous about the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom