Scared of his feeders... What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Okay so My boyfriend and I just bought a pretty sick bearded dragon a little over week ago. I've been feeding him the carnivore/critical care mix with liquid calcium and acidophiliz and baby food.

He is literally terrified of his feeders and as soon as he sees movement from them he takes off and runs away. If he's in his hammock and I put one by him, he will flop right off (he's pretty bendy and soft from mbd)

Now, I love him already but I don't think we have the time to hand feed him for the rest of his life. How do I get him to eat live feeders? Idk if he was traumatized or bitten by bugs or what but bandit and bailey attack their feeders like there's no tomorrow and he runs from them...

He's also not showing much interest in greens though he has nibbled at them slightly.

Now, what else should I be doing?
Any good ways to get him to TRY a feeder ?

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I use dubia worms and supers. They claimed they used to feed him crickets and supers. Ill try Phoenix but I don't want to spend all that money on larva if he won't even look at something that wiggles.

Spikey92

Juvie Member
You can put the feeders in the fridge/freezers for a few minutes/seconds .theyll slow down and some dont move at all for a few minutes until theyre warmed up again.
But thats just an idea. ;)

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He's pretty much scared of anything that moves, or wiggles besides humans and ferrets. If it's bigger than him he doesn't flinch, if it's smaller than him, he takes off. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom