Scales on head come off during shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Her tank looks clean, don't worry about that. :) I don't see anything that could have led to this. Can you post a pic that shows the rest of the enclosure ? Has she been out roaming around at any time in the last couple of weeks ? Do any kids take her out unsupervised ? And yes ,beardies don't feel pain the way we would like if some of our skin was ripped off, they are built for a tough life but you still want to heal that up ASAP and start with the honey.

OOPSY

Original Poster
This side is just her hide and water dish. No kids in the house just me and my girlfriend and she’s never out unsupervised and nothing has happened that i have seen.

Attachments

• 34B5CC9D-8167-4858-B660-C31C0696CDF9.jpeg
    34B5CC9D-8167-4858-B660-C31C0696CDF9.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 73

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, I haven't seen anything like that, either! It is a possibility it could be a burn but your tank setup looks fine. I agree, the best treatment
would be raw unpasteurized honey or manuka honey either one. I would definitely try to use it daily. I don't think it is fungal either.
Is she eating pretty well?

Let us know how the healing is coming along.
Tracie

OOPSY

Original Poster
She’s never been a huge eater to begin with but her eating habits haven’t changed at all. I’m also including pictures of her enclosure today now that i’ve changed things and also a picture of how i did her honey just to make sure i’m using the proper amount. A vet has been recommended but i live in southern ON so far none of the vets in my town take reptiles i’m not sure if there would be any resources on the forum for that?

Attachments

• 33122D29-E7F9-40B8-8D46-2A3FCBA41326.jpeg
    33122D29-E7F9-40B8-8D46-2A3FCBA41326.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 77
  • A1C8FD22-FF5E-490B-8F50-F4C1E880E5DC.jpeg
    A1C8FD22-FF5E-490B-8F50-F4C1E880E5DC.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 82

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She’s never been a huge eater to begin with but her eating habits haven’t changed at all. I’m also including pictures of her enclosure today now that i’ve changed things and also a picture of how i did her honey just to make sure i’m using the proper amount. A vet has been recommended but i live in southern ON so far none of the vets in my town take reptiles i’m not sure if there would be any resources on the forum for that?
Are you in Ontario?
Assoc of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterninarians (GLOBAL search page)
https://arav.site-ym.com/search/custom.asp?id=3661
Melissa Kaplan's Herp Veterinarians (GLOBAL search page).
Herp Veterinarians

the honey looks good --

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There is a veterinary teching hospital in Guelph that may be able to help out if you're not too far away.

OOPSY

Original Poster
There is a veterinary teching hospital in Guelph that may be able to help out if you're not too far away.
Yes apparently i’ve lucked out a little bit and a friend of my GF’s mom actually works there now as a vet tech and we’ve gotten in contact with her she’s just checking if maybe there’s someone closer to me that could make it a little easier.

OOPSY

Original Poster
Yeah took her to the vet yesterday she suspects a burn as well but said everything looks to be healing fine and doesn’t look infected or anything. Basically just going to be a cosmetic thing for now but at least she seems good for now. I am perplexed at how she managed to burn herself though gonna move her heat lamps away from her mushroom i keep under her uvb as that’s the only thing that lets her get anywhere close to them and hope that it doesn’t happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom