Say hello to the daemon queen

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Hello BD community, this is Lilith but you can call her Lilly. She is eight weeks old and a hypo het trans.

She just went into her new home (yes I keep her on sand!) and she has already been eating greens out of my hands and I got her a couple of baby roaches as a reward :) She is very active and curious and I'm really looking forward to get to know her.

She is my second dragon (as most of you are probably familiar with my boy Luis by now) but my first female. She is waving at me constantly (like really a lot!) right now which so soooo mega cute 🥰
I'll feed her well even though I wish she could stay this small for ever...

Attachments

• IMG_20240419_175147.jpg
    IMG_20240419_175147.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20240419_175207.jpg
    IMG_20240419_175207.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20240419_181805.jpg
    IMG_20240419_181805.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20240419_183853.jpg
    IMG_20240419_183853.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20240419_184531.jpg
    IMG_20240419_184531.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20240419_200457.jpg
    IMG_20240419_200457.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20240419_180042.jpg
    IMG_20240419_180042.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20240419_175612.jpg
    IMG_20240419_175612.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20240419_182204.jpg
    IMG_20240419_182204.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 24

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How cute ! I bet she never dreamed she'd live in a small forest ! She'll get a lot of exercise in there. Her waving is showing submission, means that she is still a little nervous in her new situation.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Makes sense, until a couple of hours ago she had to share a tank half this size with her 18 siblings and now she got 210 GAL all to herself. But I'm sure she'll come to love it soon :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Hello BD community, this is Lilith but you can call her Lilly. She is eight weeks old and a hypo het trans.

She just went into her new home (yes I keep her on sand!) and she has already been eating greens out of my hands and I got her a couple of baby roaches as a reward :) She is very active and curious and I'm really looking forward to get to know her.

She is my second dragon (as most of you are probably familiar with my boy Luis by now) but my first female. She is waving at me constantly (like really a lot!) right now which so soooo mega cute 🥰
She is stinking beautiful 😍
She couldn't have asked for a better home either.
Congratulations on such a sweet lil girl!!!!
I've noticed with my small dragons, the new one included that black t-shirts and hats seem to make them nervous, I think my beard does as well. Zsa Zsa waves at me if I've got on my black work shirts, Sinatra was afraid of me also when I first got him if I wore black.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I congratulate you on your new scaly family member! 🎉
Lilly is a beautiful baby and you have built a great home for her! :love: And I couldn’t even find her on the some photo! How do you communicate with her? Judging by your story, she is a more sociable girl compared to Luis.

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Thanks for sharing :) And welcome, little one!
(Btw. I had also sand from the beginning on.)

Chris. said:
Yes, there is something about that :) But when my Taco Tac-Tac was so small, I was afraid he would never get big because it seemed so ridiculous, the size difference between baby and adult. :D

xp29 said:
I've noticed with my small dragons, the new one included that black t-shirts and hats seem to make them nervous, I think my beard does as well.
Mine wasn't afraid of black T-shirts, but likely because in the reptile store they all wear black T-shirts and my Taco was the last one of the siblings that was sold (nothing strange about him, but one must be the last one), so he might have stayed approx. one month there (reptile store is not he same as breeder) according to what I can guess based on this size. I also wear >90% of the time black T-shirts. So he might have learnt early on, already in the reptile store, "black T-shirt = food supply", and this continued.
But colored T-shirts... and hats... My husband wears them, and in the beginning he interacted less with Taco. So he didn't associate him with "nice wormgiver" in the beginning, and he backed off. After a while, though, it didn't matter anymore.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Thank you everyone. :)

@xp29 there might be something to this, my boy still hates my old metal shirts (Iron Maiden, Amon Amarth, etc). Today I was wearing pink though but it was almost a 2h drive to pick her up so there is enough reason to be nervous. Sure she will come around. I noticed she looks a lot like your girl, except she's only het for trans, but we have a similar taste for dragons ;)

@NickAVD you are right, I can tell she has been handled quite a bit more compared to Luis who would shy away in the beginning as soon as I opened the door. Lilly still won't really let me touch her but I can hold my finger close and she will pick small pieces of greens off from the tip.
It is funny, she was this light orange outside and did really blend in seconds after putting her on that basking branch.
We were able to spend maybe an hour or so today before her lights went out so we are not really communicating yet. Other than her constant waving, which Luis also did not do. But she is (like Luis also at the beginning) trying to eat everything right now, which concerns me a little but and I might feed her a little more the first week because of this.

@ChileanTaco the breeders kept her on sand also and in Europe it is very uncommon to keep a dragon on non-loose substrate.
Also dagons are fed less here in general. Most stores and breeders advice to feed a baby maybe three or four bugs per serving with three servings a day. From what I've read here most people in the US will feed waaaay more. But then they end up with full grown dragons that are little over half a year old and I was told from a breeder and two vets now that my boy is very big for only 1,5 years old (he is 17"). Thats those different approaches again ;)

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
It is funny, she was this light orange outside and did really blend in seconds after putting her on that basking branch.
Mine also changes color that quickly. Sometimes funny when I want to snap a photo, go getting my digicam or phone from another room, and in the meanwhile... :D

@ChileanTaco the breeders kept her on sand also and in Europe it is very uncommon to keep a dragon on non-loose substrate.
I also saw this difference when watching youtube videos.
What is common here, however, I don't know - they are just too rare and unusual here. But in the reptile store (they look experienced to me) they also keep them on desert sand, the ones they sell as well as the one(s) they keep for themselves. (Two of the people in the reptile store here have a bearded dragon each. They had it there until it became too big for the enclosures that fit in the store; so they had on sub-adult dragon in the store the time I got my Taco, that dragon moved out when it became too big, and now that enclosure is occupied by the young dragon of another person.)
For my Taco, I never used separate bug feedings per day*, but put in the bugs he should eat on that day right in the morning (along with some bug food, i.e. sliced carrots, in the same bowl). In the evening once I got home I gave him maybe more (still do this, but also did so from day 1 on). He's eating well, but is not over-eating. Means: Taco might grab some bugs, and eats the other ones a couple of hours later.

*The reason: I'm at work during day at least Monday to Friday but often also weekends, often leaving home very early and coming back late. The person at home all day long is my husband who in the beginning was very afraid of all kinds of bugs. With switching out dishes of greens he was fine, but with bugs not for some time. (Now he's hand-feeding Taco with worms :))

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Thank you everyone. :)

@xp29 there might be something to this, my boy still hates my old metal shirts (Iron Maiden, Amon Amarth, etc). Today I was wearing pink though but it was almost a 2h drive to pick her up so there is enough reason to be nervous. Sure she will come around. I noticed she looks a lot like your girl, except she's only het for trans, but we have a similar taste for dragons ;)

@NickAVD you are right, I can tell she has been handled quite a bit more compared to Luis who would shy away in the beginning as soon as I opened the door. Lilly still won't really let me touch her but I can hold my finger close and she will pick small pieces of greens off from the tip.
We were able to spend maybe an hour or so today before her lights went out so we are not really communicating yet. Other than her constant waving, which Luis also did not do. But she is (like Luis also at the beginning) trying to eat everything right now, which concerns me a little but and I might feed her a little more the first week because of this.

Also dagons are fed less here in general. Most stores and breeders advice to feed a baby maybe three or four bugs per serving with three servings a day. From what I've read here most people in the US will feed waaaay more. But then they end up with full grown dragons that are little over half a year old and I was told from a breeder and two vets now that my boy is very big for only 1,5 years old (he is 17"). Thats those different approaches again ;)
UP THE IRONS!!!! my favorite band lol.
I thought our girls looked similar to lol. I actually wanted het trans but my girl wanted the black eyes because Sweet Pea had them.
Lilly will come around, it takes babies a bit to figure things out. Zsa Zsa was really bold the first couple day, but this morning she was kindda skittish to. It's perfectly normal with babies.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
UP THE IRONS!!!! my favorite band lol.
I thought our girls looked similar to lol. I actually wanted het trans but my girl wanted the black eyes because Sweet Pea had them.
Lilly will come around, it takes babies a bit to figure things out. Zsa Zsa was really bold the first couple day, but this morning she was kindda skittish to. It's perfectly normal with babies.
I picked her out about a month ago so when you posted your girl I just smiled and already loved her ;) Following both their journeys will be really interesting in the time to come.
She is doing very good already, she's a lot calmer than yesterday. No waving anymore and she's eating her roaches out of a cup that I hold close to her. Still watching my every move and avoiding my touch but I don't push her but rather hold my hand close and just let her make the first move.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I picked her out about a month ago so when you posted your girl I just smiled and already loved her ;) Following both their journeys will be really interesting in the time to come.
She is doing very good already, she's a lot calmer than yesterday. No waving anymore and she's eating her roaches out of a cup that I hold close to her. Still watching my every move and avoiding my touch but I don't push her but rather hold my hand close and just let her make the first move.
Beardies are much like guys, food is the path to the heart lol.
I haven't tried to hand feed Zsa Zsa yet. I'm to clutsy for food that small lol. But when I give it to her she switches between watching me then watching the bugs 🐛 the bug win every time lol. She dove into the bowl so hard yesterday evening that she banged it into the wall.
It's great your girl is eating so quickly to, a lot of post here are for help with babies that won't eat. I think having your habitat already set up and functioning makes a huge difference. I think if your (people in general) in there tweeking stuff and moving stuff around it makes them even more stressed.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Oh she is eating, I can tell you and it feels soo god to see her eat.
As mentioned I put a small piece of green on the tip of my finger (slightly moist so it sticks a little) and just hold it close to her. Slow movements and patient waiting and she will pick it off. Three or four times at least but for this little thing that is a meal I guess.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom