saucerous has eye problems please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
hi everyone u might now me you might not but any way i have 4 bearded dragons they all have the same light and eyerthing i have them under 100 watt megarays i just recently got this one under this light about 3-4 days ago and now he has porblems opening his eyes he will open them for a second then he closes them he looks like he is in a great deal of pain and now all he does is hide i dont know if its the bulb or something seriously wrong his eyes look really watery and look a little blood shot please help a.s.a.p for now im going to change the bulb to a regular heat bulb for a couple of days and see what happens please any thing would help me out thanks......

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
You have the idea, just turn it off for a few days and if the eye problems stop then chances are its the bulb. You can also rinse the poopers eyes out with saline solution and not the stuff for contacts. That will help in the pain. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

fez09

Extreme Poster
I recently had the same problem...I changed light and rinsed with saline for a week...Fez is back to normal now but it affected his appetite and everything! Good luck!

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ok ill give that stuff a try. just rinse his eyes out i did change the bulb for today nothing changed yet with him im going to leave the megaray out for a week or so and see if he changes and if the light is bad im going to ask the company to replace the bulb or give me my money back those bulbs arent cheep uggghh poor guy im looking at him right now and he just laying there looks like hes in pain i hate that im going to try that stuff and see what happens thanks everyone for the replies ill keep u updated on his progress

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your beardies eyes. There have been a few eye problems lately with the Megarays. They are generally great bulbs... this is what I use. I think a few defective ones got out though. Definitely keep the Megaray off.. call Bob at ReptileUV, explain the situation and he will replace it free of charge.

Missi1980

I had problems with one of my beardies and i turned the bulb off for a week or so and eventually she opened her eyes, got a new bulb and now she is fine...appetite went way above normal for a little while but its been a few months since then and she is back to being a normal dragon hanging out on her log all day...Good Luck!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
How are your beardies eyes doing?
Did you turn off the Megaray? Did you happen to call ReptileUV? If so, what did they say?
Please update us on how your beardie is and what you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom