Sarth, Daeds, & Starling **5/28 First Camping Trip Pics!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would post some pics of Sarth...even though he hasn't been eating very well the past month he still finds every opportunity to be cute! I think I might just keep adding pics to this thread along with my blog, we will see!

The most recent ones are at the top.

I thought this was adorable...he was kind of lounging against the glass, looking at me like "what?!"
P1010416.jpg

Just trying out a close-up of his face...it's hard to get good pics during the weekdays when the sun is going down by the time I get home
P1010415.jpg

Scoping out his rearranged tank
P1010413.jpg

Morning stretches, as usual :)
P1010408.jpg

Him looking *really* grumpy sitting in the sun on the back of our recliner. And I put his tail like that, lol
P1010403.jpg

My husband took this :roll:
P1010399.jpg

A rare shot of him actually eating his salad
P1010397.jpg

Watching Glee with me!
4f7abf91.jpg

He loves to explore the coffee table, not sure why
802855e6.jpg

I did not put him like this, lol. I should have entered it in this months photo competition!
P1010388.jpg

Him still being really mad from the vet's visit the night before. He looked so hilarious, all puffed up with the black beard. I started petting him and he deflated while managing to look confused.
grumpy.jpg

Just looking cute. This was right around when he stopped eating about a month ago.
P1010334.jpg

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jess":akfx8dyp said:
Aww, she IS really cute! And pudgy. I say get her! :) Haha.

The expo didn't seem to have a very good selection of lizards this time for some reason... It was all snakes and frogs! That booth did have some awesome beardies though.
My (and Nate's too) main complaint was that the room was so small, so it was paaacked, and hot, and cramped. I think this is only the 2nd year they've done the expo though, so hopefully it will get bigger and they can use bigger, more ventilated facilities, lol. And yes those babies were sooooo cute. His adults were really chill too, didn't seem to mind being handled. That was the only beardie booth though! I only saw one other table and they only had 3 or 4 I think.

Ok so I sent out lots of email feelers and I settled on a girl from Rainbow Beardeds. This clutch isn't even up on her site yet because she was waiting for them to color up more before posting pics. She isn't as red red as some of the others I've found, but she's not yet a month old (hatch date 4/6). Here's the thing though, she's 6.5 inches long!! Sartharion wasn't even 6 inches until he was 2 months :shock: So in a couple more sheds she should be starting to show some nice colors :D Here are a couple pics of her
2012_0428C1femaleleather0060.jpg

2012_0428C1femaleleather0057.jpg

Her parents are here, dad is the first one (I can hardly believe how massive he is)
http://www.rainbowbeardeddragons.com/malebreeders.htm

And mom is the last one, Rosie (she's also pretty big :shock: )
http://www.rainbowbeardeddragons.com/femalebreeders.htm

So since she's so big she's sending her out tomorrow and I'll get her on Tuesday! :mrgreen: So tomorrow I gotta go to TCR and get a uvb hood and light and that's really all I need. I suppose I'll actually have to sort my roaches and get all bitty ones out for her. I probably won't have enough of those, but they'll last long enough until the repti worms get here. Then I'll use those until she's big enough for the small nymphs which shouldn't take too long at the rate she's growing o_O

I'm so excited!! So glad hubby let me get one more. Now I can't bother him anymore, lol.

Will post pics when she gets here! I still have to pick out a name too >.<

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You know it sucks, about a week ago I thought of a name and said to myself, what a perfect name that would be for a female beardie! Now of course I can't remember what the name was :p I'll think of a good one though. Will probably stay away from the WoW dragon names since people tend to have a hard time pronouncing/remembering them. Even Daedalus is hard for people sometimes (I didn't pick that name either, lol). For now she'll just be "sweetie" and "bebe" which is what I call my other 2 90% of the time anyway, lol.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Yeah, it would be nice if they had a larger room for the show... With all the people that turned up, I hope they consider upgrading! Or at least invest in some air conditioning LOL.

Your baby is SO cute! I bet she is going to make Daeds look like a midget.
Ha, I still don't remember how to say Sarth and Daed's full names! :p Naming new pets is always so difficult... I still have no idea what to call my new little dude.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ya, Daedalus is actually from the Greek myth about the guy who made the wings to escape prison, but he flew too close to the sun and they burned up. Icarus was his name and Daedalus was his father, I think. So most people have at least heard of Daedalus before, can't say the same for Sarth though lol.

And we did pick a name out! We're going to call her Scully, after Agent Dana Scully from the x-files :mrgreen:

She gets in tomorrow morning, but she's coming to my work so I'll have to run her home. Then when I get home in the afternoon I'll get some pics of her!

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Scully is an awesome name, perfect choice for the red color!!! I miss that show.. Oh man I wouldn't get anything done at work all morning until she arrives, and then I wouldn't want to go back after I took her home. How will you do it?! :mrgreen:

-Kaleen

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
CONGRATULATIONS, she's already got great markings & I'm sure, seeing her mom and dad that she'll be redder than red as she grows. She sure is big for a baby, but then look at the size of her mom & dad! You're going to have alot of fun with her, wonder how your other two are going to react, well I know how Sarth will react, like a mad dragon, but I wonder how Daeds will react, you'll see soon enough. More pics when you get her, please, it will be interesting watching her change as she grows. Sounds like she already eats great, so that won't be an issue either.

I'll be watching with envy, as would love to start over with a baby, but I'm full up. I did get a new dragon, Gabriel, he was left at my local petshop & is small & skinny for his age, but for parasites, he's in good health. So he's sort of like a baby, but bigger. My vet & I think he's about 4 yrs old, his head is full grown, very long & thin, almost 2" long, then his little body is 5" from neck to vent. He has a long tail, but still only 17 1/2" in all, so really small compared to my crew. He weighs in at 287g, so needs fattening up.

So glad to hear you have a new member, will be great to watch her grow more. Glad Daeds is over all that egg laying, sorry some eggs broke, that's too bad, but glad she didn't have anything wrong. Give her a big hug for me

Say hi to Sarth; black beard, bob, foot stamp :D :D :D

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
I can't believe it but you got my husbands attention! He was a huge X-file fan and loves the name of your Scully. He does not share my love of beardies but thought that would be worth having one. lol :D

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
FranktheTank":1oc94xns said:
Scully is an awesome name, perfect choice for the red color!!! I miss that show.. Oh man I wouldn't get anything done at work all morning until she arrives, and then I wouldn't want to go back after I took her home. How will you do it?! :mrgreen:

-Kaleen
It's going to be rough for sure! She should be in by 9:30-10:30 at the latest though so I don't have long to wait :D I figure once I drop her off that'll be a solid 5 hours to settle in without being bothered which will be good for her, so I just look at it that way :mrgreen:

sweetiepie9":1oc94xns said:
CONGRATULATIONS, she's already got great markings & I'm sure, seeing her mom and dad that she'll be redder than red as she grows. She sure is big for a baby, but then look at the size of her mom & dad! You're going to have alot of fun with her, wonder how your other two are going to react, well I know how Sarth will react, like a mad dragon, but I wonder how Daeds will react, you'll see soon enough. More pics when you get her, please, it will be interesting watching her change as she grows. Sounds like she already eats great, so that won't be an issue either.

I'll be watching with envy, as would love to start over with a baby, but I'm full up. I did get a new dragon, Gabriel, he was left at my local petshop & is small & skinny for his age, but for parasites, he's in good health. So he's sort of like a baby, but bigger. My vet & I think he's about 4 yrs old, his head is full grown, very long & thin, almost 2" long, then his little body is 5" from neck to vent. He has a long tail, but still only 17 1/2" in all, so really small compared to my crew. He weighs in at 287g, so needs fattening up.

So glad to hear you have a new member, will be great to watch her grow more. Glad Daeds is over all that egg laying, sorry some eggs broke, that's too bad, but glad she didn't have anything wrong. Give her a big hug for me

Say hi to Sarth; black beard, bob, foot stamp :D :D :D
Thanks Deb! We are both eager to see how she's going to color up as well. She'll have as many pics as Sartharion did when he was growing I'm sure, and I'll keep a growth chart for her. It will be interesting to compare her growth to Sarth's. She's already beating him by a mile though, lol! Sarth is only 18 inches long but is slowly creeping towards 400g. I'm not sure if he's going to get any longer but I'm glad his appetite is there.

Your little Gabe sounds so cute! I bet he's glad you found him :) I find the best way to fatten them up is to give them hornworms, haha. Daeds is doing good too, you would never know she had eggs, she really doesn't look any different, lol. She's putting the weight back on and her fat pads are starting to poke back up. Her appetite is still ginormous as ever and she takes her antibiotic shots well (4 more of those to go, blah!).

I'm interested to see how the two girls will react towards each other too. They will share a room, although right now the side of Scully's tank is covered so they won't be able to see each other right away, which is probably good while she's settling in. Daeds has never been the aggressive one (unlike a certain someone), so maybe if I'm lucky they will get along once Scully is bigger. Would definitely make my life easier, lol!

Well we got her tank all set up, I have the lights going, hopefully the temps will hit right where I need them to. I'm using Daed's old ballast for the UVB (she got Sarth's old one when he got his new tank) which has a reptiglow tube in it >.< But I have a fresh Reptisun on the way along with some other treats. I still need to sort the roaches and get at least some of the little guys out until the reptiworms get here on Weds. I got mustard greens as well since that's what the breeder was feeding them. Sartharion really doesn't like those, but Daed gave a half hearted attempt and ate some of the pile I gave her this afternoon, lol.

Checked the tracking, Scully is in transit! Will update with pics when I get her tomorrow! :mrgreen:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Please don't use the Reptiglo, we used it once for Issy when we didn't have the Powersun in yet & she got so sick. It's only for geckos, causes eye issues in dragons & Issy also started convulsions, so please don't use anything until the Reptisun 10 comes in. Are you getting sunny weather where you are? If so take her outside for 1/2 an hour or so a day, will be sufficient until you get the Reptisun 10.0. I wouldn't be making such a fuss, but I so remember how sick Issy was. And she was the same age as your little one, so just wanted to warn you. I warn anyone who uses one what it can do to dragons & doesn't even take a day to start the reactions.

Bet you'll be excited to get your Scully, what a cute name. Yes, I would hope you'll be posting pics. I'm so glad that Daeds is doing so well after laying all those eggs & glad you have an antibiotic to prevent any internal infection. I've never heard of eggs breaking inside, poor girl, just her luck!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ooh that is scarey! You have convinced me. The new bulb will be here on Wednesday. It looks like the weather tomorrow is going to be thunderstormy but 78 and possibly sunny. Stupid midwest weather. If it's not raining I'll sit outside with her, it doesn't need to be sunny right? I can also give her Daed's reptisun instead, maybe I should do that. I knew those reptiglows were no good. Poor Daedles, that's the bulb that was being used up until we got her :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Pet shops seems to think Reptiglo are ok for beardies, who are desert animals & it says right on the box they're for tropical animals, like our gecko, so I wanted to warn you as it scared the poop out of me when I saw what Issy was going through. When I got the power sun in place, she was right as rain in 3 days but why put your baby through this? If you're getting her on Tuesday & you're getting the Reptisun 10.0 on Wednesday, she won't get sick not having UVB for a day, as long as the basking light has the right temps. So you'll be fine there. I'd get rid of that Reptiglo, it has caused more beardie issues than any other bulb, no matter what the type & the coil is even worse.

Good luck with your girl, sounds as if she's already socialized, so you should be able to cuddle her right away. That would be awesome. So new pics as soon as you can? I'll be waiting!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well she's arrived! I just got her home and into her tank, which has a basking spot of a nice and toasty 110. When I opened the box she came flying out of it, she definitely did not want to be in there anymore, lol!

Here are a few pics!
P1010750.jpg

P1010751.jpg

P1010752.jpg

Now I have to run back to work though! All in all she seems in good health :)

Jess

Extreme Poster
Awww, she is SO adorable!! :love5:

Now you should immediately plan a vacation and drop her off here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom