Samson and I are new here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firevine

He wanted to say hello! This is before we brought him home.

Samson1.png

He is super, super friendly. VERY well acclimated to people already. Frankly, he doesn't want to be put back down!

Question is...what coloration/morph is this little guy? PetSmart got him by accident, so since they were on sale, his demeanor, I wanted a beardie anyway, and I had a house and lights already, I snapped him right up. He's an awesome little dude!

We have an Iguana (Thinks she's the boss of the house), and a Blue Tongue Skink (A rescue, and sweet as can be. Missing her little toes though and onset of MBD. :( She is getting better though!) as well. Now only if I could work in the reptile exhibit at Zoo Atlanta... :D

RowenJade

Juvie Member
I also purchased my beardie from petsmart, and I'm wondering what color he will turn out to be as well...he has some orange running up his sides and lining the darker brown markings on his/her back....regardless...hes very pretty now I hope he stays that way!

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
BTW he is a sandfire most likely I got both my red colored and my orange from Petsmart, they are all sandfire origin of some sort.

DC5Los

NightmareDisco":aow82mr4 said:
Hooray! He is super cute. We need more pics!! (We love pics here :D )
i second this, we do love pics, post some more soon :D and love your guy, really does look relax and stress free

Firevine

Original Poster
I don't want to take the attention off awesome Beardies too much, but I wanted to share the other kids. :D

Bad lighting, but this is one of my favorites of Skeeter. She loved that bay window, but it was a chilly day and the heat didn't work in that lousy apartment, so I draped the sweater over her. She is a BRAT! Definitely one of the most unique iguanas I have ever met. Whip smart, yet dumb as a post at the same time. Can go from being a total butt to the sweetest kid on earth in a heartbeat. She definitely has character.

1286937524247.jpg

Here's Drezzie after a recent vet visit. The change in season got her and I both with a respiratory infection. :angry5: She was essentially a rescue...from my sister sadly. :( She never changed her UVB bulb no matter how many times I told her to, and never helped her shed, so she is missing most of her toes. She has a little kink in her tail from MBD too, but is getting better, and now has some phoenix worms coming in, instead of lousy crickets, and the silverfish that infested her substrate when she was with my sister that she was eating. She gets a little huffy at first when you pick her up, but after that will nuzzle you, and is very curious and personable. My girlfriend has um...huge...tracts of land...and Drezzie likes to hunker down in her shirt.

Drezzie1.png

This guy stowed away in my ficus one day. The weather broke QUICKLY afterwards, so we just let him stay inside the apartment. I tried to let him out on his own one day when we did have a short warm spell, and he said "no thanks" and ran back inside. The lady has named him Nolan.

Nolan.png

And finally, here's one of Samson enjoying his new greenery I got for him today. He was excited about it when I was situating it in his enclosure, and immediately took to playing around in it. On the suggestion of members of the forums, I removed the sand from his enclosure, and have replaced it with newspaper, and a large chunk of sandstone at first, now he has a matching water dish, and this greenery. He seemed to like chasing crickets through it, but those are going to be the occasional treat, because he has phoenix worms coming in as well.

Samson2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom