Salads....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootz

Just wondering what everyone puts in their babies' salads, and how they like what's in it...

What I put in mine is:
Yellow Squash, Kale, Collard Greens, small handfull of matchstick shredded carrots,(baby food: sweet potato, green peas, green beans, bananas), then I mix in BD bites and reptomin softgel fruit mix, and a leaf of romaine lettuce.

I usually chop everything up individually and put it all in a gallon sized ziploc bag, shake it up and put it in the fridge for a weeks worth of dragon salad (so the wife doesn't have to do anything except put it in their dish while I'm gone to work) .

DistDrag

Juvie Member
My dragons seem to like collard greens, mustard greens, and endive. I wouldn't overuse the kale but it is OK for occasional use. Butternut squash seems to be a favorite for all my dragons.

I also like to make up a few days worth of salad and keep it in the fridg. Collard greens and endive keep really well, but mustard greens not nearly as long.

Kevin

Bootz

Original Poster
What is it that's not so good about kale in a dragon salad? Just wondering cuz everything I've read says its some of the best stuff to put in there.

Bootz

Original Poster
It says the oxolates in kale are only 0.2. But even then I only put a couple branches into a gallon ziploc worth of salad so I don't think they end up gettin that much of it every feeding.

DistDrag

Juvie Member
Like I said, just don't over use it. I use Kale moderately myself. Just don't make it a main part of your salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom