Safe food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erlabella

Hello! I bought some baby food prune puree with apples and pears and was wondering if the beadies could eat it. I think they may have impaction. (I’ll ask more about that another time)

Ingredients:

Prune puree 41%
Water
Pear puree 14%
Rice starch
Apple puree and juice 4,5%

No gluten

In a 125 gram jar:

Energy 329 kJ (78 calories)
Fat 0,1 grams (< 0,1 saturated fatty acids)
Carbohydrates 18 grams (12 grams sugars)
Protein 0,5 grams
Salt 0,03 grams

Sassy123

That seems pretty ok. None of those are citrus, or acidic really, so it should be fine. Some ground up veggies in that might be good too

erlabella

Original Poster
I also forgot to ask some other questions. How much should I give them and how often? Should I also give them regular food in a bowl and place it in the terrarium? Also which vegetables would you recommend for the baby food?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
While the baby food is OK to offer, I try to reserve it for ill dragons who aren't eating on their own. It's better to let them hunt bugs and eat fresh veges if they're eating on their own. You can offer some extra hydration by dripping water on their nose to lick up if they want it. When I do offer baby food it's usually dripped on their nose to lick up in small batches at a time several times over the day. It depends on their size/age and situation though. I've had good luck offering green bean, squash, and sweet potato baby food.

erlabella

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3vv0y9kv said:
While the baby food is OK to offer, I try to reserve it for ill dragons who aren't eating on their own. It's better to let them hunt bugs and eat fresh veges if they're eating on their own. You can offer some extra hydration by dripping water on their nose to lick up if they want it. When I do offer baby food it's usually dripped on their nose to lick up in small batches at a time several times over the day. It depends on their size/age and situation though. I've had good luck offering green bean, squash, and sweet potato baby food.

They won’t eat and they’re very skinny. I think it’s impaction but it could also be parasites or something. I bathe them almost everyday and usually they’ll poop. You could help me with that on beardie ER if you would like to. I would really appreciate it.

PodunkKhaleesi

Hatchling Member
If you’ve got multiple bearded dragons that are potentially suffering from impaction then that’s a red flag that there’s something in the husbandry that needs to be urgently addressed. Are you using sand or another loose substrate that the beardies can ingest? Were they fed insects larger than the space between their eyes? If they are impacted, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that multiple dragons within the same household are having this issue, so any info on diet and setup could help other members determine the cause. Regarding parasites as the cause, have their previous bowel movements been especially runny/foul smelling? Regardless, it wouldn’t hurt to take them to a vet and do a fecal float to rule out something like coccidia.

erlabella

Original Poster
PodunkKhaleesi":2oy0dein said:
If you’ve got multiple bearded dragons that are potentially suffering from impaction then that’s a red flag that there’s something in the husbandry that needs to be urgently addressed. Are you using sand or another loose substrate that the beardies can ingest? Were they fed insects larger than the space between their eyes? If they are impacted, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that multiple dragons within the same household are having this issue, so any info on diet and setup could help other members determine the cause. Regarding parasites as the cause, have their previous bowel movements been especially runny/foul smelling? Regardless, it wouldn’t hurt to take them to a vet and do a fecal float to rule out something like coccidia.

I’ve had them on sand their entire life but recently changed it to newspaper. Their poop can be smelly sometimes. I really want to take them to the vet, but we have no reptile/exotic vet in our country :( you could help me out on beardie ER since I don’t want repeat myself. I would really appreciate it if you would wanna help. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom