Sad to say... Fred killed Wilma

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Hehe.... I love that title but its a sad occasion. I woke up today to find that Wilma - my youngest - but still a year old - Panther Gecko was dead. His/her tail had been ripped off and she was outside of her hide dead. Fred (who is a female) was standing by her. I'm not sure what happened but Fred was always a little bit more dominating of Wilma.

Guess Fred's just happier being alone now.

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
I'm so sorry for you loss. That must have been a bit of a blow to find that. I thought that geckos could be housed together.....

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The only time I've seen true grrrrrrr towards each other was one time Fred wanted the worm hanging out of Wilma's mouth. Then she bit her nose. Other than that they just ignored each other for a year.

I would have thought something else had happened if it hadn't been for Wilma's tail being detached.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, that's terrible, it must have been a terrible ordeal for poor Wilma to go through. Even though yours were geckos, we always recommend separation when any type of dominance issues are noticed. Sorry for your loss.

AussieOutlaw

Hatchling Member
678uh46.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom