Sad that all you have to do is sign a form

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the reptile world; bought my 18 yr. old daughter a bearded dragon, and i fell so in love with that little thing. I've read just about everything that's out there on proper care of beardies, and he is doing very well, growing like a horse! My concern is that the care is quite specific for these guys, and i hate to think of all the folks out there that buy one thinking it's cool, or it's cute, and will go home and not properly care for it. I feel the pet stores should ask for more than a signature to prove you can take care of it. I was surprised in time how much a young beardie costs to feed, in buying crickets themselves to gas and multiple trips to the pet shop, and can't imagine how someone with no funds would do it, just for the sake of having a "cool" pet. It breaks my heart that they're being sold often as an "ornament" instead of a living thing with a heartbeat, who depends on us to make his habitat as close as possible to what he needs. And they need stimulation, exercise, new things to look at, faces, interaction. Not much i can do but take the best care i can of our little guy. Thanks for listening, i can be a softie sometimes. And i love that all of you care about your beardies.

DixieLonestar20x

Hatchling Member
As hard as it is to say, try not to think about things like this. If you do, you will end up like I used to be. Constantly taking in animals and was overrun because I felt like I could save the world! Take care of the ones you have and know that atleast your little guy isn't a part of that!

- Justin

peacefulme

Original Poster
You're absolutely right,thanks. If i keep buying more animals, bettas, and lizards, the pet store will just order more, which would defeat my purpose. Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom