Sad bearded dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilderup

Hello all,

a few days ago, I lost my beloved beardie Chili to cancer. At the time I had two bearded dragons in the same enclosure (big tank). It was Chili and Sandy. They were sisters and was always kind to each other, no fighting, no biting, etc. Simply put, they got along pretty well. They liked to explore the outdoors together.

But ever since I lost Chili (a few days ago), Sandy has been very "quiet". She has been hiding in her cave, not really move for entire days, barely basking, but still likes a mealworm or two, so still an appetite. Doesn't eat greens by herself, we have to "start" her by force feeding a single green vegetable of some sorts (squash, carrot, bell pepper) and follow it up with kale, and then she will eat.

It is almost as if Sandy is sad aswell, and can feel as if something is wrong and that Chili is not here anymore. Sandy pooped a few days ago, and it was fine (also tested poop for parasites ~7 days ago = nothing). She also has a sort of sad look in her eyes, a lost look, very tired aswell.

Can a bearded dragon feel sad or be depressed? I mean, they should be able to right? The sad/somewhat cold outside weather, along with rain is quite depressing too, so... I live in a well-isolated house, so temps have not really changed.

Thanks,
Vilderup

-

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would say so -- she knows something is a miss --- it was the same w/ one of my cats - we had two brothers and when we had to put one down as he got so sick the other one walked around the house for a week looking for his brother -- you could tell he was looking for him cuz he was going to places where his brother slept -- it took him about a month or so to get used to having his brother gone -
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom