runny nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I assume this is an upper respiratory infection... Today out of nowhere Papi had a little water near his nostrils. When I picked him up, a huge amount of fluid dripped from his nose holes! I haven't seen any major changes in his behavior except he was really slowing down. We've had bad weather, not much sun, and I realized that his UVB was 7-8 months old, so I got a new one (Repti-Sun 10.0, tube). Gave him a bath and he perked up. He's eating fine, maybe less veggies?

He gets a salad every day of mixed veggies and fruits, whatever we're eating (not avocado, not spinach), mostly kale, romaine, apples, carrots. He gets superworms 4x a week, sometimes crix. I've found this feeding schedule keeps him pooping well and growing. I know some think they need food every day but he kept getting impacted and wasn't digesting all his food.

ANyway. A week ago I swear I heard puffing noises in his viv one night when putting my son to bed (that's where viv is). I haven't heard them since then, nor have I seen crusty nose, weird gaping, or anything other than a slow lizard.

HELP? Vet trip?

Gail

BD.org Addict
Did he have a bath before you noticed the liquid? Its possible he got some in his nostrils then. If thats not the case, then a vet would be best.
I also recommend a change in diet. kale and romain are occasional food, not daily greens, try mustard or escarole instead. Carrots are high in vitamin A, grated squash is better and keep the fruit limited to 1-2 time a week. At his age you really should be feeding insects everyday. You said he was getting impacted? It was probably from the supers, some dragons have a hard time digesting them. How big is your boy?

momof2boys

Original Poster
He definitely didn't have a bath today... He had one on Friday, was going to give him one tonight, but he's got the snot so I thought maybe not.

He's about 14-15 months old. He's got a super short tail, he's always been a stub tail, so measurements nose to tail tip are always off. Once I did a measurement that way and thought he was six weeks as opposed to 8 months, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom