Ruffus has a Tumors on his eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is Ruffus's granny. My son had posted before that we thought that Ruffus
had a "boil" on his eye. Well it wasn't, It's a Tumor. The Vet wants $800.00 to remove it.
Have any of you all heard of this?
He is eating,pooping,playing like it's no big deal. He's happy and all.
Doesn't act like it hurts him at all. It's covering his whole right eye.
He will be 4 years old in May.

I don't want him to die but what can I do. :cry:
Thank-You all very much,
Granny :cry:

Pleaides

Juvie Member
oh wow that sounds so bad not to mention expensive, having said that i just had pneumonia borderline septicemia treated in one of my corn snakes and that cost me £500, i think for exotic animals you will always have to pay exotic prices!
i would pkm tracie if i were you to get her to have a read, shes very good.
her username is drache613

Ruffus Granny

Original Poster
Well, there is really nothing anyone can do. I just wanted to update my last post.
I don't post much but I do read the board all the time. I thank-you both for posting.

Love your babies because you just don't know what will happen. :cry:

Thanks,
Ruffus's Granny

Pleaides

Juvie Member
has the vet said theres nothing anyone can do now? are they gonna leave it? if you cant pay the vet bills maybe speaking with the vet cos some may do a payment plan, anything that is best for your little one.
any updates?
how is he?
hows his activity levels and appetite?

dreshany

Hatchling Member
I am sorry to hear about your beardie. That vet bill is ouch!! I have a sickly baby that has run me over $900 in the last two months alone. It's hard to swallow but that's life when you own an exotic pet I guess :?

I am not sure if it would help but there is pet insurance you can purchase. I priced it for my dog and my beardie and it was about $25 per month.

I am not sure where you live but where I am there is a rescue foundation that will provide funding for vet bills that they could not otherwise afford. You would need to research what is available in your area.

Have you shopped around? Normally, I would not recommend you using a regular vet, but under the circumstances and since it is a fairly straight forward procedure, i think a regular vet would be able to remove the tumor. You could phone around to your local vets and get ask if this is something they could take care of, then get a price quote. You could also take the quote to your vet and see if they would at least match that price.

It is always difficult, but have you considered surrendering your beardie to a no kill shelter or rescue where it could get the care that it needs?

I hope some of this helps and you find a good solution, it is not an easy situation. good luck.

Ruffus Granny

Original Poster
Thanks ya'll
Pleaides,
No, there is nothing that anyone can do. I have went to 2 vets and both say the same thing.
But Ruffus is great he plays and eats like there is no tomorrow. He loves his baths.
He acts like it's not there, I wish I could post a picture but you all would cry.
It is as big as your thumb nail. He is not hurting at all. He loves his worms and all.
At 4 years old he's great.

dreshany,
We are on the outside of Memphis, Tennessee.
I will never give a baby away. I will do everything I can to make sure he is
happy until the end. He is my love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom