Ruben Miso & Billy! RIP Ruben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
hehe sorry guys. I went into a little lock-down just before my first exam, but its done now (phew)
Only one more to go and I am a graduate!

Miso
Miso is a shedding machine now it seems. Her tail shed yesterday, today her face, and now both arms are going into shed and back legs.
I think she's in for the long haul.
She is being a little sucker though at the moment. I changed from using her hamock as a ramp to an actual hamock and she wouldnt touch it (well she tries to kill it once or twice). Until of course I put her magic pink blankie ontop of it. Now its her favourite place to be :roll:

Well the title says beard and I do mean beard.
Miso was shedding her nostrels this morning and she was NOT impressed.
This is her first black beard by the way.

BOOM!
DSC00248.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

It went all the way down her sides.
DSC00250.jpg

Eventually I gave in and helped her work the nose shed out. I know. Im a sucker.
She sure is beautiful when she's P.O'd though!
DSC00252.jpg

Good lord though i havent even seen a beard as black as that on Captain Ruben let alone my little sweetie pie!
Went i first got her out she was in FULL gape mode. She even hissed!
Unfortunatly she caught a glimpse of Ruben and so he went black and started banging the glass which worked her up even more.
It took her a good 30 minutes and a bath to settle back down.
Sheesh!

Ruben:
Ruben is behaving for once.
He ate worms and salad yesterday which makes a change. He's still attempting to force me into butterworms.
Next week Ruben NEXT WEEK!
His new favourite place to be is trying to climb the steep side of his ramp/hide. He'll get himself half up there than pancake smugly for the afternoon.
I'll have to get a shot next time he attempts it.

Anyway thats all for now.
One exam left so I better head back to work.

Holly

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Whoa....how in the world can something so tiny and cute have such a fierce "dark" side?! That is quite the black beard and chest :shock:

Good luck on that last exam, Holly! We all believe in you and know you will Ace it with no problem! :D

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
That little Miso is such a fierce beardie with that black beard,(hehe) Don't you just love them when they show their stuffin' and tude. Poor baby with shedding, not liking her hammock til mom got the blankie, and then to get a look at Ruben.........of course she'll show her stuff!
(cute stuff, though) :wink:

Ruben, your baby boy, and being such a good boy...............yum, yum, butters, please :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: ............... he's giving mom a break so you can study.........Best wishes on the testing, Holly, you are doing so great, keep us posted!

Bugs and hugs to all, :love5:

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
:shock: WOW. Who are you and what have you done with sweet little Miso?..LOL..
I'm glad Rube is behaving. (Although you don't need it, because you're a smart cookie) good luck on your finals, I know you'll nail them.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Oh my... look how black she got! The dreaded "teenage years" are approaching! :lol: I'm glad to hear she's shedding. That means she's growing - she'll be enormous in no time! Good luck on the last exam. I remember when I finished my very last university final, I wandered around for a few days afterwards feeling completely purposeless and lost. It was such a strange feeling not to have any textbooks to read, or any exams to study for, or any papers to write. It was nice though! Enjoy your "after exam" time. :mrgreen:

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Great pic of Miso but I think it's a conspiracy and you traded her for another dragon to take that picture. She can't be that furocious.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Oh NOOOOO not our little Miso!! Say it isnt so :shock: Lookie at that beard holly molly! I think Ruben has been teaching her secret beardie stuff! Im really glad hes behaving for you :D Go Ruben goo. Thats wonderful hes trying to do the tuff climbing stuff. I bet it makes his day when he gets up there too! *hugs*

They are both looking so wonderful!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hi guys!
Well.... IVE FINISHED UNI!!!!!!!!!
Woot! Two whole weeks off with my babies before I start working ^_^

Miso:

I took Miso to the exotics vet today to get her arm checked on and the vet was great. Its such a relief when vets know what their talking about.
He said he suspected the wrist was from her early refusal to take calcium which has only just started showing now.
He was more concerned with Miso's elbow though. If you stretched it out half way (normal sort of climbing and running extension) she was fine, but if you tried to hyperextend her arm straight she would wince in pain. He spent some time examining it and rotating it and showed me that there was a little swelling around it (which was what I had noticed).
So little Miso is on 0.05 of Baytril... which she hates, and had her blood taken to check her calcium levels and generally wellness.
We're popping back in two weeks so she can be checked out again.

Miso was a star.
I packed her up into her little Miso-Mobile and she was calm as anything. A little annoyed that she hadnt been fed before we left though.
And the ABSOLUTE flirt put on her happy colours the moment the handsome vet came in. She even pancaked in his hands the little minx!
She was such a little trooper. She didnt get upset at the barking dogs or even at the needle.
She is now gorging on salad and basking ^_^

Here's a few shots of our trip:

Peeking out.
DSC00260.jpg

Chillin' on the way home.
DSC00262.jpg

And enjoying a mini-pancake when we got indoors.
DSC00266.jpg

Ruben:
Well he has been climbing absolutely everything in sight!
LS4861D_l.jpg

Im buying a load of this for super cheap to make into Miso's basking platform, ramps and some ledges fixed to the wall. You can buy it in any length from 15cms to 40cms wide. So Im considering building something similar for Rube to let him challenge himself.

Rube however was NOT impressed that Miso was being taken out and he wasnt.
This is what greated me when I came home.
DSC00253.jpg

(i call this one the bearded snake!)
DSC00254.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I am going to pay for leaving him arent i?

Thats all for now, hope you are all well.
Hugs!

Holly

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
I am sure... that if Rube knew where Miso went then he would be all happy colors. He probably thinks you took Miso to HIS outdoor spot.

I'm glad Miso was such an angel at the vet.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Holly...glad to hear you are now done with your exams...a big relief for you, I'm sure! :D

Miso is too cute with her prissy little pancake...LOL

Good to know you have a great vet who knows his stuff and handsome too....Bonus!!! :lol:

Tell Ruben if he keeps getting into the black shoe polish it will eventually stain and then he will forever be a black-bearded snake! :shock:

Enjoy your two weeks of beardie spoiling. I know Ruben and Miso will.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Oh Holly, that death glare aought to teach ya! :lol:

Miso is so creamy and little....She's like a strawberry and cream pancake! I saw a dragon at the store that looked JUST like Miso and I reached for my money, lol. Then I thought about how Zinger needs me more and put my money away. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom