Ruben Miso & Billy! RIP Ruben

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Ethelia":7b55e said:
I told him off, gathered up the salad and he ate a little more.
He played this little game for two days straight and I still have no idea how he has been flipping over his salad so violently.

O my, puberty is most certainly under way - be prepared for manic bobbing and blackbearding 99% of the time lol!! And keep Miso well and truly out of sight - no need to give him further excuses to be a naughty boy lol!

I stopped clearing Kazi's up after a day or 2 of that kind of madness. I discovered if I just left the salad lying around he would get mad at it (lets all bob at the salad) and clean it up himself! I just bought him a massive salad bowl so he hasnt quite figured how to flip it yet!

I love Ruben's 'Le'me alone' pose! You just have to love the determination they have to do as they please!!!

Krisymof2

Hatchling Member
I had to take Rampage out of the room completely, he's bunked in my son's room all by himself. Even though they really couldn't see each other they knew the other was there and ALL four of my babies were bearded, stressed, and not eating. I finally moved him out of the room away from the girls and then everyone was happy!

amime

Hatchling Member
It's so funny! Like the day before you updated about Rube's little tantrums Kenshin started doing the same kinda thing! Spring must encourage beardie hormones.

Kenshin caught a glimpse of my guy's snake and that set him off.

Hope Rube gets over the moodiness soon :)

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
Jeez, Miss Holly..no rest for the wicked, huh?...LOL. I don't mean this in a bad way, but I'm kind of relieved other members beardies are acting up, too. Sakura just hasn't been acting like herself for awhile. I was concerned, but not completely alarmed because she's not acting like she feels sick, just "off". Maybe our little girl is older than James and I were told she was.
Sakura usually flings her salad to get James's attention. She gets mad when James is not giving her 100% of his attention when SHE wants it..LOL..
I hope eveyone is okay, and there's very little damage. When I burn something in the kitchen..the kids grab pot holders and fan the smoke detectors all the while yelling "fire in the hole"..LOL. It makes me laugh..then I'm not so upset that I ruined dinner..LOL..

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Spring has sprung,
the salads are flung,
and beardies are thinking of love! :mrgreen:

O.K., I'll go to my corner now! :roll:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Sigh.

Well Ruben's behaviour is getting worse. In the mornings he wont come properly out of his hide unless I get him out of there.
He is also completely ignoring his beloved salad.
Yesterday I could only convince him to eat three pieces. He ate butters and supers yesterday but so far today has refused any bugs aswell as his salad.
Im quite worried.
Do you think this is part of the hormones or shall I go get a faecal done to check up at him? Or shall I wait a few more days to see if its just moods?

Moneys really tight right now, but if he needs a check up i'll find the money somewhere.

Here is a rare shot of Ruben in his happy colours.
He is absolutely enormous now!
DSC00931.jpg

Miso:
She's still growing like a weed and is turning out SO bright after her baths.
Got some pictures at last.

Here she is on mommy.
DSC00928.jpg

Close up after her firt full body shed.
DSC00940.jpg

Drying off after a bath in yellow mode.
DSC00937.jpg

Bit of a downer at the moment with worry over Ruben and my father.
Hopefully my spirits will pick up soon.

Hope you are all well.
Holly

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Just remember dragons are just as moody as we are. I think Ruben is just messing with your mind right now. He knows Miso is getting some love from HIS mommy and he wants your attention. I'd just give him some extra TLC today and see what happens. Fargo has been acting that way too but I think it's because he's growing.

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
Aww..Miss Holly..I so know how you feel. Sakura has been acting the same way, but she has been better for the last few days. I think Beardies sometimes just get in a slump..sort of like a non-brumation, brumation..ya know? I'm sure Mr. Rube will be up to his usual antics in no time...and I will say extra prayers tonight for your Dad.
Little Miso is gorgeous..such a ham for the camera..I love her out of the bath picture..her head is back, her eyes are closed, and it looks like she's thinking.."don't hate me because I'm beautiful"..LOL..

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Sounds like Ruben is going thru some major moodswings. I hope he gets over them really soon and gets back to his ole self. Do they make beardie pamprin? j/k I'll say a prayer for your dad I hope things get better for you soon Holly. Miso is a cutiepie she looks so pretty! :love5:

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
*Hugs* Don't worry about Rube, Holly. He can sense mommy is upset and is just being silly. I would wait on the vet. His appetite should pick up in a few days.

MissT

BD.org Addict
I agree.... I would def be tempted to wait on the vet decision - although if your really worried about him and feel you need a vet then do so.

Kazi has gone through many periods of this ..... not eating for a few days... grumping about everything.... and even turning down his beloved salad. Somedays, when hes having an 'off' day, he sits in the same spot for most of the day. I think its all just part of growing up! And, as Sunkist commented, they play up even more when they are fighting for attention - 'if I dont eat, mummy will spend all day fussing over me.... and I will continue to worry her so she continues to fuss and forget about the other one'

Miso is gorgeous!!! Obviously a lover of camera - she looks like such a little poser!!!

Hope things start getting better for you soon...

T

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Finally got to see the pics you posted... normally am online at work and can't see there.

Rube looks HUGE!!!!!!! I swear positioned on your leg you can really see how big he's gotten. I really wouldn't worry about him just yet.

Miso... she looks sooo cute and little. How long is she now?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Holly, sorry to hear that Ruben is worrying you. Do you have any Benebac gel on hand? If so, giving a little of that may help, maybe his stomach is a little upset. Sometimes the Benebac gives them the boost they need, certainly wouldn't hurt anything.

Miso is adorable, what gorgeous colors she has. :love5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom