Ruben Miso & Billy! RIP Ruben

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Holly,

That's a beautiful new dragon you've got, won't Ruben be green? :laughhard: From Flaming Tiger to Exploding Orange, he's glorious! :love10:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Hi Holly,

Boy, Ruben looks great and love the color, reminds me a little of Bella, what do you think? Distant relatives, maybe???? :wink:

amime

Hatchling Member
Oooooooooooo Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

What a beautiful boy he is! Miso and Rube are quick the good lookin' crew. :)

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
..And Dolce..I have a friend of mine living with me now..she's from England..so if you don't understand something..PM me and I'll have her translate for us..now we'll look like really smart "Yanks".. :laughhard:

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
dragonphoenix36- Lol thanks!

Holly, how's it going? Did you ever figure out whether little Miso was a stud or a lady?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks for all the lovely compliments guys ^_^

Sorry I havent left an update, its been a busy weekend involving a small kitchen fire!
So is life eh?

Ruben:

Well all the compliments seem to have gone to Rubens head because he has been intolerable this last few days.
It started off with a two day strike on live feeders and pacing up and down until I refilled his salad bowl.
He would then eat a little and Id go back to work, Id turn around when I hear a light thud and find the salad bowl empty against the opposite wall with salad strewn everywhere.
I told him off, gathered up the salad and he ate a little more.
He played this little game for two days straight and I still have no idea how he has been flipping over his salad so violently. It was flying over two foot! I think he may have been thwacking it with his tail which he has taken to pounding into the ground.
Ruben uses his tail like one of the limbs he has lost, so when he moves around he uses his tail as if he was swimming, making it very powerful.

Also Ruben started the "im going to go to bed NOW thanks" game. The one that took me a good 3 weeks to break him of last time.
When I turned around at 4pm, 10 minutes after a feeding, to find him tucked up in bed.
Oh no you dont.

So I blocked up his hide and he first tried to dig into the hide from the opposite side:
DSC00920.jpg

When I stopped him from scratching and scratching at the wood for fear he'd rip a nail I turned around next to see this at the hotside:
"FINE. Im sleeping here. Le'me alone!"
DSC00921.jpg

Considering he has been acting like a brat for a couple of days when he was happily basking half in hal out of his viv in his favourite spot when we had to leave I decided to give him a treat. I made his little towel platform into a ramp so he could wonder around the room. Blocked off all the wires and crannies and left the heater on.
I come back to find Ruben had climbed down. Taken a huge poop right infront of the ramp, and had gone back up :shock:
I found him relaxing on his towel looking smug.
He had pooped in the bath earlier, and has never had two bowel movements in the same day since I brought him home.
Thanks Rube!

Heres a final shot I took when he was in a reasonably good mood.
It shows you just how thick his tail is in comparrison to his legs.
He has taken to thumping it on the ground and whipping me with it recently.
DSC00913.jpg

Please dont let this be the start of puberty!

Miso:

Little Miso is doing very well. She now gobbles down 3-4 fat butters from my hands first thing in the morning and I can usually sneak another 2 into her.
She has also learnt to eat from her dish insted of me having to leave it in little piles all round her viv.
I woke up this morning to find her full body/arm/legs/beard/back of head shed was coming away at once!
She showed me her very first baby beard. She was sooooo peely.
I snapped a quick picture with my phone but it didnt come out properly unfortunatly.
She's nearly done now, only bits of the beard and head to flake off.

So theres an update on my terrible two!
I hope you are all well ^_^

Holly

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Oh my goodness holly!! It sounds like you have had one heck of a week! Look at that tail its huge! Sounds like Ruben is having one heck of a tantrum! I hope it passes quickly. I bet she is grumpy with all that sheading going on. Hopefully Ruben settles down for you shortly.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
So sorry about the fire? Is everyone alright, and do you have damage?

Naughty boy Ruben....... making mommy crazy! Sounds like puberty is here......... hey mom, where are the girls? Running back and forth (esp. over the salad dish) will make the salad go everywhere :angry5: I've played that game before.

Miso sounds like she's doing well, hopefully the shed will be done soon. Sorry the pic didn't come out, she's a beauty, I always love seeing how "creamy" she is.

Hugs and bugs to all, :love5:
Christine <><

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom