Rocky loves the snow

Rocky comes out to watch snow fall then brumates. Seriously?
I can't stand him,* this is NOT brumation. This is simply I don't want to be around my owner-syndrome.
What in the world.
I wasn't going to say anything but this is the 3rd snowfall in which Rocky all of a sudden wakes up, watches it, when the last snowflake falls, he jumps down and goes to him enclosure.
He's been asleep since noon.

*we all know this is not true

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hm, I've never seen a beardie get out of it's brumation for a minute then brumates again. Ill have others take a look

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Hm, I've never seen a beardie get out of it's brumation for a minute then brumates again. Ill have others take a look
He's soooooooooooo not. Rocky is a year and I believe he's going through a growth spurt and needs rest from me. I smother Rocky to death and think he really wants to get away from me.
Since Oct he has semi-brumated. I think I've used the word brumation in every form now. I had a meltdown (I am sure you can find it in a post somewhere). That was the longest period he was down but since then he is down for a couple of days and comes up.
But what it looks like now...Rocky gets up, looks for me...comes to the front of his hide (stays in)- watches me and if i say, "Rocky"- he turns around and boom...sleep for the rest of the day. Seriously.
So, I stopped saying Rocky.
However, he doesn't eat- his temps are fine- he will come out and bask, play, I weigh him- I'm going to give him til Spring.
Listen, I'm an odd duck and nothing works the way it's supposed to for me. I'm surprised that Rocky doesn't fly.

I keep a close eye on him and see what he does. This was him this am...fully alert, clear eyes. When he's sleeping deeply, his eyes are reddish at first. But by all means, help. Know that Rocky is well known on this site so the outpour of support has been wonderful. When all else fails we blame his uncle @xp29 who basically spoiled him:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
20230301_053848.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That is a cool looking hide.
And a spoiled dragon is a loved dragon 🐉!!!!! 😁

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubhomes1
Top Bottom