Rock wall help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I have a 55 gallon tank for my bearded dragon and I want to build the fake rock walls for him. I want to know what to use because I've read many different things about using styrofoam and silicone and cement and dye but I don't know know the procedure and steps. Can someone please help me!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No problem.

The youtube videos from that guy are pretty entertaining too.

-Brandon

triumphtt

Juvie Member
the easiest thing to get is the foam boards they use for houses out can get a 4'x8' for like $6 and as think as 2" to as little as 1/2". Paints from a craft store, I use AC Moore cause they give out 40% coupons all the time. & modge podge the hard coat cause the normal stuff turns white if it gets wet.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What I use is the foam sheets, a glue to hold the pieces together, acrylic paint, non sanded grout, and mod podge.
The mod podge is the sealant.

If you watch some of the videos in that website i showed you, he goes over each step and what you need in each step as he is building.

-Brandon

triumphtt

Juvie Member
no I just forgot that little detail LOL sorry. I use power grip it's come in a tube like caulking does and works really well and dries quick. But yes the videos explain it all

SobeDragon

Original Poster
So first the foam then glue it. Then I'll apply the grout then the mod podge and then the paint. Hopefully it's right lol

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Foam - glue it - grout it - paint it - mod podge it.

The mod podge has to be last, its the sealer.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom