Roaring at me

Status
Not open for further replies.

terri

Original Poster
thank you we think so bought him for my daughter about 2 months ago the said he was 5 months then so he is about 7 months we have never had one before so we want to make sure we are looking after him right he loves to be held and loves being out of the tank we give him fresh fruit and veg every day and his crickets he doesnt like meal worms turns his nose up at them lol just want to make sure the sounds he makes are ok and not something wrong he doesnt seem distressed or annoyed when he does them we have had numerous pets over the years including a dog and a giant african land snail right now

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Lol that last picture I thought for a sec, the beardie was hanging upside down. I was thinking, I've never seen a beardie do that. :lol:

AmberC

Hatchling Member
Hi,

I could be wrong but that sounds a lot like a cough to me. He might have a RI, I would take him to the vet to get him a check up and see what's going on with him.

Good luck,
Amber

colbsteroon

Hatchling Member
*eh hem* Read this online (these are not my words)

RI is respiratory infection - often caused by low heat and high humidity within the vivarium. Symptoms include; raspy breath and mouth open, mucus, clogged nostrils. This would need urgent vet treatment with antibiotics given, usually baytril.

To avoid RI, temps and humidity should be checked daily, and moisture (ie water source) kept to a minimum within the viv. If you keep water in the viv, should be small amount in the cool end. Spraying beardies should be done outside of the viv rather than inside.

credit to Bosscat

Gail

BD.org Addict
It did seem more like a cough and it looks like he is breathing hard. I would second a vet visit to make sure his lungs are ok.

beardielove10

Hatchling Member
University of Guelph is the absolute best. Spencers Creek in Dundas is alright but not as good. U of G is known for being phenomenal with reptiles, and in my opinion, your dragon deserves the best care even if it is more expensive.

terri

Original Poster
So Romeo has been to the U of G and been given a clean bill of health. The vet heard his noises and he is only letting us know when he is annoyed with us or happy depending on noise or wants attention he made all the noises at the vet so we were able to talk to them about the noises i was so relieved and the vet staff was so awesome answering alot of my questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom