Roaches or Locusts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdraak

My baby is only 5-6 weeks old and does not seem to want to eat crickets anymore. People have suggested phoenix worms, locusts and roaches??
Any advice on what I should try, he has been shedding and not eating really, I see videos of other peoples dragons eating loads mine has never done this, I have only had it 3 weeks now.
Is this normal??
He gets veggies every day and offered crickets.
He is about 4-5" roughly.
DSC00044-1.jpg

This was him yesterday.
DSC00043.jpg

His Home (I dont use the stick on thermometer by the way) Putting another probe thermometer in tonight.
Does it all look ok??

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
What are the temperatures under the basking light and elsewhere in the cage? He may be to cold to eat since it is getting kindda cold outside. I see him under the light even when you were taking picture of him which have led to me to believe he is too cold. If they spend too much time under the light then the cage is too cold. I suggest you add another heat lamp, or two, and raise the wattage to try to raise the ambient temperature in the cage to about 95 to 110 degree under the light and about 80 degree on the cool side.

And have you treated him for parasites? Parasites could another reason why he is not eating.

kdraak

Original Poster
It is 105f under his basking lamp and about 85-90f in the middle. He had just got up when i took this and he hides over there a lot, he is still very wary of people. I have a dimmer on there without it the temp goes upto 110f and over would that be too high for him??
His viv only drops to 65-70f in the night.
Any ideas where I could order these different foods I live in the uk and many of the sites I have seen are in dollars.

Hi,
In the first picture you can see stress marks on his belly and this could be because the tank might be too big for him as a baby, so I dont know if you could put him in a smaller tank to see if his behaivior changes. You can also divide his actual tank while he grows a little bit more. Some baby dragons get stressed if they have too much room.

kdraak

Original Poster
He seemed a lot chipper this morning and ate, he has been shedding past couple of days.
He has always had stress marks since the day I got him, its only really when he sleeps they go.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
kdraak":f5f96 said:
It is 105f under his basking lamp and about 85-90f in the middle. He had just got up when i took this and he hides over there a lot, he is still very wary of people. I have a dimmer on there without it the temp goes upto 110f and over would that be too high for him??
His viv only drops to 65-70f in the night.
Any ideas where I could order these different foods I live in the uk and many of the sites I have seen are in dollars.

A 110 is fine, according to many care sheet I've read, but in my experience with mine, they seem to prefer the temp a little lower like 95-100 degree. I think yours is just going through relocation stress and he may not eat for a bit more. To tell you the truth mine ate right away after I got her home from the pet store.

As for the food, I don't know what to tell you. I live in the U.S., so I can't help you with that one. Good luck! Oh, I hear they love locusts and roaches, particularly lobster and dubia roach, so if you want to entice him to eat, you might want to try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom