Roach Sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
So Hemingway is going on 9 months and loves his roaches. He eats medium sized ones which are approximately 3/4 of an inch and I was wondering if I could buy large ones now. He's about 14 and a half inches. The roaches would be slightly larger than the space between his eyes. I know that at some point that rule doesn't apply and was wondering when that is.

86297-9188859094.jpg
Ain't he just too cute! :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd give it a little bit longer, but watch to see how he handles and chews up the current size. If he can chop those down without a problem, then he may be ready for larger ones. It's not a problem to keep feeding him the smaller sizes though.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea he seems to eat up the ones he has now really fast which is why i figured larger one would be better. But if the smaller ones will do for now then I'll just keep giving him those for a while longer.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you're buying in bulk rather than using a colony it might be cheaper to buy them a bit smaller rather than as adults. If that's the case, I'd just keep going with the smaller ones - it's not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom