Roach disturbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilla

Hatchling Member
Ok,how much is too much when checking on dubias?
I dont want to disturb them from breeding but i fell like i am..
How often should i check on them?
Will this make them not breed?
Ive had them for a month..

Also,How can i tell if they are breeding,,any signs besides the obvious??
I have many nymps and lots of adult females and maybe three adult males..

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
within the next month you should see babies running around if your set-up is good. cleaning them is simple. DON'T. They dont need cleaning other than repoving veggies every couple days to prevent spoilage. The frass (poop)is actually beneficial to the babies providing nutrients to get their systems going. Every couple days put in fresh veggies check the other food and make sure that the water crystals are good (adding to them or replacing them) remove the sheds as you can without disturbing them much. the sheds don't harm anything being there but it looks cleaner. leave them be as much as possible and soon you will have a healthy colony giving you freedom from some feeder purchasing.

nilla

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys :D

For breeding they "must" be adult?

Male adults having wings and female adults "just being bigger"?

Babies will be how big?

Will the females show pregnant?

Thanks!

mpbrown2

Yes for breeding they must be adults good example of adults.
A good example of adults is the main picture of the two roaches on http://www.theroachguy.com/.

You can also tell them apart from underneath the females have a large last segment the males have a smaller segment. See link.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=78729&p=614051&hilit=sexing+roaches#p614044

I am not sure how small babies are but they should be small enough to feed baby bearded dragons. Just make sure what ever you are feeding is smaller then the space between your berdie's eyes.

Make sure they have food, water, and heat 90 deg ish and leave them be and you will have a babies before long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom