RIP Jojo <3 *8/23/06~6/29/10*

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Awww,thank you for all your nice complimemts girls! and Jojo thanks you too :mrgreen:

8 more days until her stitches get taken out. :blob5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sweetie says Happy New Beardie Year and is feeling so great that Jojo is doing so well. Great start to 2010!

And it is good to see Jojo's smile, because I remember seeing pics of Jojo when I joined in Sept 2006. I'm so glad you're doing well Jojo, you look great, not overweight by any means, and she loves her home. The pics of "where's my breakfast mom" are so cute. Wish my beardies would eat like Jojo, they're all hand fed here and have gotten used to it. I think they'd have to be starved before they'd eat on their own, salad/fruits I mean. It's a wonderful thing to see the pics of her eating her salad after you'd left, then getting on her basking light. How did you get Jojo to do that Michelle?

I'm glad 2010 is starting on a healthy start, so I'll be tuning in to find out how it goes with the vet when the time comes.

I hope you keep us updated, even now that she's so much better.

Deb & Sweetie; Issy, Lonzo, Angel and Rubio all say GLAD YOUR NEW YEAR IS STARTING ON A GOOD NOTE!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Ahhhhh, a Jojo smile!!! :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: I love Jojo smiles!!! She looks sooooo totally adorable, I just want Jojo cuddles!!!

Give her a big kiss from me!!! Im so happy to see her smiling!!

T

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Deb (and crew),thank you so much and I hope 2010 is going good for you also :D I'm not sure how I got Jojo to eat her salad so good. She has gone through stages of eating salad really good and then not wanting to have anything to do with it at all. She has been really good about it for quite awhile now,especially since I cut back on her live feeders :D

Thanks MissT,I am so happy to see her smiling again too. :D Awhile back I didnt think I would ever see her smile again and it was very scary. I will give her big kisses for you tomorrow (she is in bed for the night sound asleep) :D

Hi Lance! Jojo is doing great,thanks for asking...She's pooping more regularly,happy,alert and eating good.
She won't lose weight though :| I'm still only giving her 5 crickets per day and tonight I weighed her and she is 722g! :shock: She looks good though.
She gets her stitches out on Wednesday and I can't wait to see what Dr Sean says.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I'm so glad to hear she's doing well, even if you can't get her to lose the weight! It's funny how that works.

Deb, I FINALLY got my picky eater to touch her salad. The solution is butterworms, squash (butternut), endive, collard, mustard, and turnip greens. The butterworms wiggle to get her attention, then she eats the squash cuz it looks like butterworms, then she eats the greens to get to the squash! Perfect solution!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks Michelle, I'll be keeping any eye to hear what Dr Sean says, too. 2010 has to be better than 2009! We're just waiting for the 2010 Winter Olympic games madness starting here on Feb 12. Through to Feb 26, then the paraolympics starts. It should be interesting getting to work in downtown Vancouver, that will be the challenge. I always take public transport, which is good here, so hopefully won't need to extend my day due to travelling.

Sara, that's a good idea. I used to put supers in with salad, but Lonzo and Sweetie would pick around the greens and veg and get just the worms. So I'll try butterworms, see if that works. Thanks.

Jojo, Sweetie said to say "Hi Jojo, glad to hear you're doing so well. And that you don't have that virus thing, good news. I'm finally awake after 4 mo of mostly sleeping. I'm just not amused that Mom and Dad keep trying to put me with my sisters, I'm the boss and they're always trying to jump on me. I'll have to set Mom and Dad straight on that score. Here's wishing a great checkup with Dr. Sean!"

Deb and my wakeful dragons, but only for today, I'm sure...

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Michelle, I am so glad JOJO is doing better. And 722g! :shock: We are going to have to get JOJO on some beardie craig or some Nutri beardie system! :lol: Please let us know how it goes on Wed. Wishing you and JOJO all the best! :D

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks Sandi,I can't wait to see what Dr Sean says about the test results Wednesday :D

Deb,I can't imagine what the traffic is gonna be like for you during the Olympics. :shock: Do plan on going to any events?
Jojo says "hi" to Sweetie :D
Twobeardieguy":b1e79 said:
We are going to have to get JOJO on some beardie craig or some Nutri beardie system! :D
:lol: :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
We're not going to any events, but my sis-in-law has tickets to get into final training sessions for figure skating. She figure-skates, in fact her team won gold for BC Championships last year. They may, if they do well this year, make it to Ottawa in competition, so that means across Canada.

I'm going to spend my time getting to work in Feb, we're not sure how the rush is going to affect downtown Vancouver, where I work, but I use public transport to get there, so will just leave a bit early. I've taken a few days off, too. The Mayor of Vancouver wanted 30% reduction in staff for large businesses in certain areas of Vancouver, to reduce the amount of people trying to get to work. It will be an interesting time. We'll have a local TV station covering all the events, so will be able to see most of it on TV.

Wishing Jojo well when she has her appointment, Sweetie said hi, too. She's now up and black bearding & bobbing everything. Guess she thinks it's spring.

Deb and my awake beardies...for how long?

MissT

BD.org Addict
OOOh, tis nearly Wednesday, at last!! I hope Miss Jojo gets a great report from Dr Sean again!!! And, im sure she cant wait to get rid of those nasty stitches!!!

I know you will keep us all informed on how it goes!! :D

T

MissT

BD.org Addict
OOOh, tis nearly Wednesday, at last!! I hope Miss Jojo gets a great report from Dr Sean again!!! And, im sure she cant wait to get rid of those nasty stitches!!!

I know you will keep us all informed on how it goes!! :D

T

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks everyone :D
I just got back from Dr Sean's. Jojo didnt put up too much of a fight when he was taking the stitches out. He said she looks FANTASTIC! :D ....and that I probably don't have to give her the milk thistle anymore,but to keep her on the same diet.
He is just as shocked by the neg test result for adenovirus from the Research Associates Lab as we are. He thinks its a good idea to test a couple more times in case I just didn't pick up any adeno cells when I did the swab. He personally doesn't think that the adeno can just disappear all together. Either 1)she was never a "positive" to begin with, or
2)I just happen to not pick up any adeno cells the day I did the swab of her cage.
I will do another test in June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom