Retisun UVB 10 bulbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo

Hello guy, happy holidays and I hope all your pet is doing well! I was wondering, DrFoster is selling two different reptisun UVB 10 bulbs. The one I'm looking for is the 24 inches but one is HO(high output) vs the regular. The pricess are different in that the HO cost around $17 and the regular is $23 roughly. Now, I know everyone is buying the regular but I was wondering if it made a difference to get the HO version? Thanks for all your help guys!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The high output bulbs are stronger and last longer, a yr, whereas the T8's need to be changed every 6 mos. The distance requirements are different too, the high output bulb needs to be about 12" away and can be used on top of a screen because it is stronger although it can be mounted inside if you have enough distance. The T8 bulb should be mounted inside of the tank and within 6 to 8" from your beardie while in the basking spot.

Your best buy would definitely be the high ouput bulb.

Hope that helps.

zippo

Original Poster
diamc":ttjsa2cv said:
The high output bulbs are stronger and last longer, a yr, whereas the T8's need to be changed every 6 mos. The distance requirements are different too, the high output bulb needs to be about 12" away and can be used on top of a screen because it is stronger although it can be mounted inside if you have enough distance. The T8 bulb should be mounted inside of the tank and within 6 to 8" from your beardie while in the basking spot.

Hope that helps.

Yes, it helps a lot, thank you. However, do I need a different fixture or could I just use the regular $10 fixture that you can buy at Walmart that I have been using?

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Florescent or incandescent fixture?
Any florescent fixture that fits the bulb will work. The incandescent fixture should have a ceramic socket, plastic can melt.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
zippo":wd5wqtv9 said:
diamc":wd5wqtv9 said:

Hope that helps.

Yes, it helps a lot, thank you. However, do I need a different fixture or could I just use the regular $10 fixture that you can buy at Walmart that I have been using?

You need a different fixture. The T5HO will do best in a quality reflected fixture. Amazon sells them, so dr foster and smith and grow store type places. They are about 45$+ but hands down many times better than the $10 Walmart setup. The extra expense will pay for itself ina year or two and you will have a light that is brighter and stronger.

zippo

Original Poster
Taterbug":155f6dxy said:
zippo":155f6dxy said:
diamc":155f6dxy said:

Hope that helps.

You need a different fixture. The T5HO will do best in a quality reflected fixture. Amazon sells them, so dr foster and smith and grow store type places. They are about 45$+ but hands down many times better than the $10 Walmart setup. The extra expense will pay for itself ina year or two and you will have a light that is brighter and stronger.
Say no more, I will def get that if it last a year!! Thank you all for your quick response and help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom