Retained shed or other injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
Today while inspecting my male beardie Oscar (His hatchday today...4yrs old!!!), I found what looks like a bruise or a retained shed towards the end of his tail.
IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

It looks like retained shed to me, and its even sunken in a bit like its being constricted. But its so dark that I'm a bit nervous. Could it be broken? I'd imagine that their would be swelling...
He does seem to be favoring it, the tail wiggled a bit when I was examining the spot. He shed his tail a few months ago...this could be leftovers, though there are no visible markings that its actually a piece of shed. Perfectly blended into the surrounding scales.
Thoughts and opinions?

TY for any help.

*edit*
In the off chance that it is retained shed....
IMG_0059.jpg

Gonna leave his tail in the warm water for a bit...see what happens. He seems to be enjoying it...

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
It looks like a retained shed

warm soaks like your doing and soft brushing with a soft tooth brush should help out a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom