retain shed or fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.

leslie179

Hey guys ive got this beardie for month now. And at first i thought his front paw finger was healing so i didnt pay much attention to it. however i realized it might be stuck shed that might cause him to lose the finger. Should i bring him to the vet asap? Also hus hind leg have some stuck shed but there are dark spots so im wondering if its fungus or is it just some stuck shed.
88881-6522152512.jpg
88881-6692013726.jpg
88881-4686754840.jpg

leslie179

Original Poster
the dark spots are those part of the stuck shed too? for the front finger I thought it was healing but its nearly been a month is that the stuck shed too? Is it too late?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I think if you were to give him a bath a couple times a week and mist him once a day, it might just take care of itself. Misting will soften the stuck shed and make it easier for him to get rid of it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It does look like retained shed to me also. Sometimes the shed turns yellow or appears dirty before it finally sheds off. You can give a few baths to help try & loosen it, that should take care of it.
The darker spot on the finger, how long has that been there? Are you sure it isn't something she has run through & dried on?
Her finger doesn't look necrotic or anything though, just looking at the picture. Does it seem to bother or hurt her?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kay.marie
Top Bottom