Rest In Peace Oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
:blob8: This is great news! I think he started walking for you just in time - right when you expected he really should, he did. Sounds like he is healing and feeling better!!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I couldn't have asked for better news before going to bed. Thanks for letting us know. How lucky he is to have you!

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Have u thought about giving him Serrapeptase? It cleans the blood of toxins and also helps the body deal with inflammation and dead tissue. It is a natural enzyme from the silkworm so u can feed silks or buy it as a supplement. Beardeddragon.co has it blended into a calcium complex powder.

szubelak

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Shanny - there are 4 different natural remedies that I was looking into - I posted about it on the health forum and only got 1 response - I know that was one of them, bee pollen and I forget the other 2... (I guess I can go get the link)

here it is: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=167651

I was curious if people used them and the success that they had with them. I was also looking for where to buy them at reasonable prices.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Lesley, been reading through your thread today at work on my lunch break. You're an angel!! I thought I had TROUBLE with a case of pneumonia & fungus! We got nothin' on you and #3/Grover/Oscar! Keeping you guys in my thoughts and wishing for a healthy, happy dragon in the end for you! Looking forward to seeing him progress and get walking some more! You're A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. :D

Hugs,

Sue

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
I'm certain the Serrapeptase would help him. I don't know much about Bee Pollen at all but I've heard people use it. I don't know much else about medications for beardies but I swear by Serrapeptase and give it to my Papa Smurf.

szubelak

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Sue - that's awful sweet of you to say! :)

Ok everyone - like an obsessed mama I took 6 videos... hehe Don't feel like you have to watch all of them - The first one is a short 35 second video of just him walking.

He's actually steadier today too! not as wobbley!

this one is 1:12

this one is 1:40 - I apologize for my shakiness - I'm not a very good videographer

Having a problem with photobucket - this is all that will load right now - I'll try to get the other 3 posted later

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
He looks wonderful. So much better than I imagined he would! You've done wonders with him - congrats! :D :D He looks like he has energy to get around, so that must mean the infection is going away.

szubelak

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Shanny :D

1:34

2:05 This was actually the second video - Bert and Ernie's tanks are in the living room and that is where we were sitting - I didn't cover up their tanks when I first brought him in the room (was too excited to video him walking) so they were welcoming him with lots of bobbing and HUGE black beards. OSCAR actually arm waves twice at Bert. kinda cute :p (The 4 videos posted before this one were while B & E were covered up.)

1:08 This was the first video - I think he was taking it all in because he hasn't been in the living room much - his tank is in my bedroom - the video is him just sitting there the whole time - when I move closer in to him he looks up at me and that's about it for the whole video - lol

I hope you enjoyed! I'll be sharing with my students tomorrow - I have some really sweet kids - a bunch of them asked me first thing how he was doing. (I told you I got through to some of them on responsible pet ownership!)

<-- Happy mommy :D

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Awwww, look at him go! Yaaaay! Thanks for posting those. It's great to see him progressing!!! I love the fact that your students are asking about him. You've taught them a valuable lesson, one I'm sure they won't soon forget! :love10:
Hugs,
Sue
p.s. Loved the arm wave! =)

szubelak

Juvie Member
Original Poster
oooooo - Oscar gave Bert some SASS today! I brought Oscar into the living room today to let him walk around again - Bert went NUTS attacking his glass - Oscar made what I guess would be almost a hissing noise - I've heard B & E both hiss before though and this wasn't like that - it was like he let out a huge puff of air and expanded his beard at the same time - it was sort of odd. He then gave Bert some head bobs too! This is going to be sooooooooooooo great having 3 male dragons* (*=sarcasm) :banghead:

On another side note - Oscar had a big ol poop in the bath and afterwards his colors got lighter - like he felt better. He still has the pretty constant black beard - except when he's sleeping. The last 2 mornings when I've woken him up he's been lighter in color!

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
At least you are getting to see the males interact and all their funny ways. There are people who never really get to see that! LOL!! Seems like he is feeling better by the hour. I love that you picked Oscar for the name - he so looks like an Oscar. :D

I think the black beard is normal. The dragon I rescued in December black beards a lot and I don't think he feels bad. It's just a part of his personality. It could be something they develop a habit of during their years of neglect and it's just natural for them. I don't know if this is true, but it is a thought I have had.

szubelak

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I could do without the male displays thank you very much! My brother had a BD when we were kids - we always assumed it was a he (what little boy wants a girl dragon right) - anyway - "Lucky" ended up being a girl and she was a total gem! She was never gravid so we never knew.

You make a good point about the black beard too. Thanks - I have some serrapeptase on the way too! :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Lesley,

Great job with getting him healthier now. Poor guy, he sure had a rough time but luckily you got him going in the right direction now even if he did lose some of his tail. He will be fine.
How is his appetite doing now? I hope he is doing a lot better now, bless him!

Thanks for taking him in.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom