respitory infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

landoflor

Hatchling Member
hello i was told that my BD might have a infection, r there any other signs other then popping cause lex has been eat good pooping/peeing good. i dont have a way to chech humity currently but im going down to the pet store tommorw to pick up a gage. also his/her eyes r nice and clear and so is the noise. my mom thinks it might be a cold, because the weather hasent been to consistent were i am. now i did have him/her in a room with the AC put i was sure to keep the temps up and we did not run it at night. but Lex was in the window the last couple nights becuase s/he does not like the tank lol we would rather watch the birds and such go by the window. this morning it was about 60degrees. now is there anything i can do with out take him/her to the vet? i dont have the money just yet and im not sure if the vet here is any good with dragons.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What type of thermometer are you using to measure the temps, a stick on, a digital probe or a temp gun? What are the temps at the basking site, & on the cool end?
Usually if they have the beginnings of a respiratory infection, they may have thick or off colored saliva, or mucous in the mouth or nose area. They can also wheeze or cough & appear to sneeze as well.
If you feel he may have a respiratory issue, try to keep the nighttime temperatures around 80 or so to help his immune system right now.
Do you use a UVB light? If so, what type & brand are you using, a flourescent tube bulb, or a compact/coil light?
How old is he?
Is the AC vent blowing directly on him or inside of the tank? If so you might want to move the tank, otherwise that will really throw the temperatures off by constant cold air blowing into the tank or onto him.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom