respiratory infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beanie42

Juvie Member
I'm sorry i know it's a frilled but everyone in the UK is asleep and i don't know what to do the vets are closed till morning. Leila my frilled broke her leg (femur) landing on her water bowl funny (I didn't even have sticks for her to climb on) she was fine eating, all was well then she stopped eating and i have had to force feed her a special food from the vets for over a week and now she's clamping her mouth shut and her poop is green. she's started freaking out and wriggling like mad and i noticed some off colour liquid on her blankie thought it was sick but then realised it was coming from her nose. it's pouring out like a tap I'm panicking i don't know what to do.

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's mad so I took her to the vets by which time the fluid had stopped and they x-rayed her and her lungs came back clean. she had another poop check and the bacteria is high so she's on different anti-biotics every other day and a bath every day.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Did they have any ideal what it was coming out of her nose?? Glad she is going to be ok!

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm sorry to inform you but after being told that she was going to be ok she suddenly died on Sunday. This came as a huge shock and I'm still feeling really raw about never being able to see my baby girl again. I went in with my partner yesterday and we cuddled and kissed her goodbye. Words can't describe how much I'm hurting right now :(

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
I am so sorry about Leila,,,,I would want to know what was wrong and why the vet didn't catch it. Hope your ok,
Hugs,
Kelly

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I did ask but it would of cost another £140 on top of the £400-500 I spent trying to save her life and her leg. and at the end of the day it wouldn't bring her back. I got her cremated the box came today with a little poem. More floods of tears she was such a beautiful baby girl with a cute fear of toast. The video I took last summer of her frilling at toast makes me both laugh and cry. I miss her so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdMLd4neW48

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
I cant seem to get the video to play,,,I would be careful taking a reptile back to that same vet since they didnt catch whatever it was Leila had and she passed away. Wouldnt want the same thing to happen to another baby.

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I trust Jacque with all my babies she is a wonderful vet best in the north east of England. This is just a case of my little one being under a lot of stress due to her breaking her leg landing badly onto her water bowl. This then led to complications from a lowered immune system which ultimately caused her death it was just a shame that at the time she fell ill they lost their 2nd reptile vet as he suddenly moved to London and Jacque had animal cruelty court cases to go to and events at animal shelters. i don't blame her i just wish i could go back in time and stop her break her leg cause she would still be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom