Rescued today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Aw... the vets called me today telling me the doc called in sick :(... So they will call me ether tomorrow or Thursday if the vet comes in.. Now im so upset....

even worse She through up yeasterday's baby food :(... And she has been pooing just a tiny bit of white slime like stuff out of her bum.. She really needs the vet, so lets pray the vet will come in tomorrow morn.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Kagome100":d365e said:
Aw... the vets called me today telling me the doc called in sick :(... So they will call me ether tomorrow or Thursday if the vet comes in.. Now im so upset....

even worse She through up yeasterday's baby food :(... And she has been pooing just a tiny bit of white slime like stuff out of her bum.. She really needs the vet, so lets pray the vet will come in tomorrow morn.

That stinks? Any emergency 24-hour vets nearby?

The white slime sounds like urate, which is supposed to be there.

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ya its urate but it just slimy how it looks it not normal at all.

And there is no 24 hour vets here. I only have one vet here that does reptiles. all the others are dog cat vets.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
What kind of baby food did you give her? If it was a meat baby food, the protein may have been a bit too much for her. Try butternut squash, and only a small amount - like a couple of cc's - and see how that goes. I've got my fingers crossed that the vet will be there tomorrow!

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Garden vege baby food. It in a jar. It made by gerber.

Thing is i was not giving a lot at the moment cause sense she has not ate in weeks, her stomach might be shrunk up some so i was only giving a small amount. But she throw up alot so im guessing something might be blocking the way, might be sand never know. Lets pray the vet will be in tomorrow.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Kagome100":dffdf said:
Garden vege baby food. It in a jar. It made by gerber.

Thing is i was not giving a lot at the moment cause sense she has not ate in weeks, her stomach might be shrunk up some so i was only giving a small amount. But she throw up alot so im guessing something might be blocking the way, might be sand never know. Lets pray the vet will be in tomorrow.

Any luck with the vet? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok vet did call this morning at 8am said she came in so i put on my shoes and went.

Im back now and omg bad news... i had to just put her down. She might of lived if i paid for a $200+ surgery 0.o..... The vet said the surgery price counted on how long it took... I really wanted to pay for that but right now i can't.. and the vet also said she might not live even with the surgery. So i was so upset.... she was so far gone, she might just die while having the surgery.

Reason she wanted to do a surgery, is she had some xrays done on her cause she felt something in the stomach that was hard. When the xrays came out, are jaws dropped. There was a blockage in the lower stomach where it goes into the intestine. And she could also see some metal in the xray like she ate something metal. No wonder she could not keep food down. The poor thing.

Sense i had her put down, they want to cut her open and see what the blockage was. They will call me withen a few hours to a few days to let me know. Im going to let them do it to see what is in her. Im sure there some sand in there but for metal no clue, i know i did not give her any metal in the tank, all i can guess is from her other owner.

RIP sweety girl... even tho i only had you for a few days i still miss you...

LuvMyHerps

Hatchling Member
Sniff Sniff....Oh the poor little thing....Thank God you came along and rescued her. I will be praying for the sweet girl. God Bless you!

LuvMyHerps

Hatchling Member
OMG I am so sorry to hear the news....The poor little baby. That makes so angry how people can treat poor little innocent animals :angry5:
We all know that you did all you could for her...At least she got to experience a little taste of love before she passed ....Take care

Kagome100":632b8 said:
Ok vet did call this morning at 8am said she came in so i put on my shoes and went.

Im back now and omg bad news... i had to just put her down. She might of lived if i paid for a $200+ surgery 0.o..... The vet said the surgery price counted on how long it took... I really wanted to pay for that but right now i can't.. and the vet also said she might not live even with the surgery. So i was so upset.... she was so far gone, she might just die while having the surgery.

Reason she wanted to do a surgery, is she had some xrays done on her cause she felt something in the stomach that was hard. When the xrays came out, are jaws dropped. There was a blockage in the lower stomach where it goes into the intestine. And she could also see some metal in the xray like she ate something metal. No wonder she could not keep food down. The poor thing.

Sense i had her put down, they want to cut her open and see what the blockage was. They will call me withen a few hours to a few days to let me know. Im going to let them do it to see what is in her. Im sure there some sand in there but for metal no clue, i know i did not give her any metal in the tank, all i can guess is from her other owner.

RIP sweety girl... even tho i only had you for a few days i still miss you...

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
My condolences for your loss. I am so sorry that this happened but you did the best you could. Poor little girl =( The previous owners should be ashamed of themselves...I'd like to have a few words with them...

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you all of you. Im still upset about putting her down but i do think of the better side, at least she is in a place now there is no pain. I really miss her even if i only had a few days with her. Thank you all for your words. I think i was at the vet for at least 2 hours trying to decide on what to do. The vets let me stay in the room for that long.

RIP

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
I'm so sorry. This must be so hard for you. You did the right thing though - if she had metal in her then there's not really anything to be done except surgery, and even that is a big gamble with a beardie in her condition. The kindest thing to do was to spare her any further pain. It sounds like you have a really caring vet.

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jasper's Mom":64140 said:
I'm so sorry. This must be so hard for you. You did the right thing though - if she had metal in her then there's not really anything to be done except surgery, and even that is a big gamble with a beardie in her condition. The kindest thing to do was to spare her any further pain. It sounds like you have a really caring vet.

Thank you so much. Yes my vet is caring and i could not really ask for a better one than her, even if she some times calls in sick :\. I just hope tomorrow they call me and let me know what was in her. Any way at least she did have lots of love the past few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom