Rescued today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagome100

Juvie Member
I rescued a 3 year old female *looks female* Dragon from a lady that was not taking care of her. All i know is she lived on reptile sand, ate worms off the sand, never had greens. Yes they had UVA/UVB.

How i found her is i had a add looking for a nice sweet female to add to my others, well than this lady called me yesterday saying she had one she needed to re home. Well i said yes i would love to go look at it. So today about 3 hours ago i went to look at it. OMG my eyes. The poor thing is skinny not eatting and looks sick. They were giving her away so YES i took her. She is in her own room here away from any of my other drags, i wash my hand before and after touching her. OH she also had sand stuck to her butt so i washed that off. She is moving around a little. I would take her to a vet right now but non are open :(. I gave her some dewormer and a little jump start. Not sure if any of that will help at all. I will call the vet tomorrow morn when i get up.

I'll post pics soon as i can....

BUT my question is, is there any thing i can do before i can get her to a vet?

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
its good you took her in. what kind of substrate are you using now? what brand UV-B bulb do you have? is it spiral/compact or a straight tube?

id say do you best to keep the temp gradiant perfect: 100-110 on the hot side and 80 on the cool side.

once again, its great you rescued this dragon. keep us informed.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from Beardie ER to Beardie Rescue]

Good for you for rescuing the girl. I hope she'll eat and gain weight under your care.
Good luck and keep us updated.

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I always use reptile carpet i never use sand. I have the stright tube 10.0 Reptisun. I just gave her some baby food, and gave her a warm bath.

Here is a pic of her, you can't see it to good i had to use my cell phone <_< my cam is charging for the night. She is skinny, her tail bone is showing, and her vent area is sunk in and all. Her leggs have no fat on them.
3.jpg

katieerin

Hatchling Member
Poor little beardie. :( It's so great that you took her in and are helping her to be healthy again. I wish you the best with her.

beardie1434

Juvie Member
Thank heavens you now have this girl now. I thought my Gabby was thin when I rescued her, which she was, but this baby is thinner. Best wishes to you both! Her luck has changed for the better.

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you all. I called the vet today, they told me it would have to be Tuesday :( so i will be going to the Vet Tuesday at 11am. Thats the soonest they had open.

She is in good hands now, i will try my best to keep her alive. She is ok this morning, she was moving around a tiny bit. I gave her another nice warm bath and fed her some baby food and i need to get some pedialyte i had that one time with a sick rat.

Oh i dont think i told you guys and gals but the way they fed her, was dropped the worms and crickets on the sand.... but as you can tell she has not ate in a while.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Good luck and good wishes with your baby! :love5: With the fat pads so severely depleted, she/he needs to stay hydrated and warm. I would give her a warm soak, 10-20 minutes at least once a day until she sees the vet, and warm her up well after her bath. I have a swing-arm lamp next to where I often sit, with a standard 75 watt incandescent bulb, (it won't work with a CFL bulb!) and can bring it down within a couple of inches above whoever I'm holding and get them to 105 degrees very quickly, if needs be. The warm water will not only help with her rehydration, but may also help to start easing any impaction on it's way out. I brought Galadriel home in similar condition, from a very similar situation, and she probably drank for fifteen to twenty minutes in that first bath!

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Original Poster
When i gave her, her first bath last night, she freaked out like she had no clue what a bath was. But she than calmed down. And I did giver her a nice bath today, i'll do another bath tomorrow and every day till Tuesday.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Aw the poor little girl. I can't believe someone would leave a beardie that hungry. Didn't the previous owner know that beardies shouldn't look like that?

What good fortune that you came along! Good luck and keep us updated!

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She knew the dragon was skinny yes but thing is she did not really try to help her, she kepted just dropping food in the tank and thats about it. She said she was moving is why she wanted to rehome her. At first on the phone she wanted money for her, but when i got there she changed her mind.

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here is a pic i took today. She was sleeping in her bath water. Wish me luck tomorrow i'll be going to the vets.

DSC00530.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom