Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenklan

I have read some of the rescue stories and am really moved. How do you go about rescuing one, does it have to be sick or injured. I would gladly adopt another one, but could not afford the vet bills for a sick one. At this point I am just wondering about the process, not in actualling doing it right now. I would wait until i could better afford the care before i got us into a situation. Happy new year!

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Greenklan!

It's good to see you here. :wave: Not all dragons that need a home are going to have serious problems but you should be prepared for a basic checkup as a starter, just to know for certain about the overall health of your new friend. Buying from a reputable breeder guarantees you're getting a baby with a healthy start, but if you are certain about starting with a rescue, Craigslist is often a good place to check. Owners aren't always aware of the problems their dragon may have, though and you could get one, like I did, that is very ill, and the owner completely oblivious to how sick the dragon is. There are some dragons listed under rescue here, also check under the Free listings, as there are usually at least a couple every month that need good homes pretty quickly. PM the person posting the dragon, let them know about your experience and education on dragons. Make sure the dragon is a good fit for your circumstances. These are not places for wanted ads, though, and those are quickly removed. Keep reading the forums here, health and ER will give you a pretty good idea on the serious problems to look for, and when you get your dragon, they are an excellent backup to your veterinary care. :study: :study: :study: If it is not a life and death situation, it is actually better asking on here before you see the vet, because you will also get the pros and cons about some treatments for a condition and the risks involved, and some very good assistance on how to get a dragon through the treatment for whatever condition. I hope this helps, and when you get your dragon, be sure to post plenty of pics! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom