Rescue from Los Angeles Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrich

Original Poster
She definintely has beefed up quite a bit. She's finally started eating her greens and she is downing 20 dusted crickets and two dubia roaches a day. She's starting to show some good color on her front legs too. She is a total sweetheart. After her bath, she likes to cuddle up on my chest with her head against my neck. My dog has decided that she is her baby and won't leave my side when Chance is out of her tank. I've got some new pics. I'll post them when I get home tonight.

nrich

Original Poster
As promised.

Hunting Dubia
101_3199-1.jpg

Yummy!
101_3205.jpg

Taking a long drink in her bath.
101_3208.jpg

Maggie is never far away when Chance is out.
101_3211.jpg

Here we are getting ready for bed.
101_3214.jpg

carmallarm

Hatchling Member
So cute!! Thanks for the pictures. I'm happy that Chance is recovering so well. You're an awesome lizard mommy. :love5:

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
awww, just came back from vacation and checking in, so glad to see pics of Chance! Your dog looks really sweet too, will he guard the baby?

nrich

Original Poster
I have two really good updates.

First, Chance went to the vet a couple of days ago and her fecal was negative for parasites and she only has a mild, very treatable case of MBD (she has very little bone mass in her front claws, but it does not seem to have affected her legs too much. The vet took a look at her eye and said that it looked as if it had been infected at some point, possibly from a scratch, but for now it looks ok. I'm supposed to watch it for any changes though. She is still a little underweight, but the vet was confident that she would be making a full recovery very soon.

Secondly, she's got a new house. I found a handmade wooden enclosure on craigslist for $40! It's 34X24X18. What an improvement from the 20 gallon tank she was in! She can actually move around. It still needs some adjustments, I drilled a hole in the top for her MVB fixture, but it is still a bit too low for my liking, so I'm going to try raising it another two inches. It also needs a little more ventilation since the MVB gives off so much heat.
101_3217.jpg

Here's the entire current setup. Bonus sighting of Reagan the California Kingsnake up on top!
101_3228.jpg

Here's Chance enjoying the new digs. She's beginning to shed (I'm so excited to see what she actually looks like once all that old skin is off.
101_3224.jpg

101_3235.jpg

nrich

Original Poster
and just because I haven't really shown off, here is Mal enjoying her recently purchased new home as well. She's sporting a pretty handsome pot belly.
101_3233.jpg

carmallarm

Hatchling Member
Congrats on the new lizard pad! It looks great, especially how you save so much floor space by stacking the tanks. Looks like everyone's settling in just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom